Upgrades on B2B

nunuc2000

We're tossing about some ideas and thought some of you might be able to provide some insight into the mystery of upgrades and how they might apply to our particular situation.

We are booked on the Crown Oct 15/2012 for the 12 day Venice to Rome - Greek Isles, and then on the Crown again for the 12 day Rome to Venice - Egypt & Agean. We are booked in category E gty for both legs of this cruise, and have not had a room assignment yet.

Here's the idea were thinking of: If we decide to bump up the second leg to a balcony gty (with 4 days at sea and an overnight in Egypt we'd LOVE to enjoy our first balcony ever :)) what are the odds that Princess will upgrade our first leg of this B2B to the same balcony we get assigned for the second leg?

I've heard many of you state that Princess usually will try to ensure you stay in the same cabin for both legs of a B2B so you don't have to move part way through.

Any thoughts or suggestions or just words of wisdom based on your experience??

Many thanks everyone :)

We will be joining you on both cruises and are also on the one before.

As to the upgrade, they would have to find a cabin that fills the balcony guarentee and is available for both legs. I suspect that they handle the guarentee first then let the upgrade fairy decide on any upgrades. I wouldn't count on getting the same cabin for both legs.

We will be joining you on both cruises and are also on the one before.

As to the upgrade, they would have to find a cabin that fills the balcony guarentee and is available for both legs. I suspect that they handle the guarentee first then let the upgrade fairy decide on any upgrades. I wouldn't count on getting the same cabin for both legs.

Nice to hear you'll be joining us on these cruises, Paul. :) Will you be joining the rollcall?

No, we wouldn't be counting on it, just wondering what the chances are of Princess upgrading out first leg to match the second one. If we get the category E assigned for the first leg and then move up to a balcony gty for the second leg, that would be fine too - we'll happily manage with the inconvenience of moving halfway through the cruise knowing it's to move into our first balcony!:D

Just wondering if others have had experience with this kind of booking and what the results were. :confused:

We counting on it, just wondering what the chances are of Princess upgrading out first leg to match the second one. If we get the category E assigned for the first leg and then move up to a balcony gty for the second leg, that would be fine too - we'll happily manage with the inconvenience of moving halfway through the cruise knowing it's to move into our first balcony!:D Just wondering if others have had experience with this kind of booking and what the results were. :confused:

Anyone?

We counting on it, just wondering what the chances are of Princess upgrading out first leg to match the second one. If we get the category E assigned for the first leg and then move up to a balcony gty for the second leg, that would be fine too - we'll happily manage with the inconvenience of moving halfway through the cruise knowing it's to move into our first balcony!:D Just wondering if others have had experience with this kind of booking and what the results were. :confused:

Anyone?

I think your chances are next to zero. Never count on any kind of upgrade and be happy when you get one.

Archived