Atlantis & Beach Break thru NCL?

STARFISH*4

We did it in March on the Jewel and would not do it again. We have been to Atlantis many times and did it because our sea lion excursion at Blue Lagoon Island was cancelled the night before. Our Concierge suggested it and he meant well but it is a very long walk when you get off the bus to where they let you use the beach. Very expensive food and the beach not so great. I think that the day pass at the British Colonial Hilton or the Sheraton would be more enjoyable. If you have have never been to Atlantis then it is another story I guess everyone should see Atlantis once in their lifetime!

We did it in March on the Jewel and would not do it again. We have been to Atlantis many times and did it because our sea lion excursion at Blue Lagoon Island was cancelled the night before. Our Concierge suggested it and he meant well but it is a very long walk when you get off the bus to where they let you use the beach. Very expensive food and the beach not so great. I think that the day pass at the British Colonial Hilton or the Sheraton would be more enjoyable. If you have have never been to Atlantis then it is another story I guess everyone should see Atlantis once in their lifetime!

we saw the aquarium that was down the stairs from the lobby...that was basically our extent of Atlantis visit last time we were there.

last December we did the Sheraton Day pass which was an ENJOYABLE BEACH day!!

what were you able to do besides beach and see the digs...was the Predator Lagoon included?

We did the Aquaventure excursion through NCL and we had an AWSOME time! I like booking excursions through the cruise line because of transportation and getting you to the ship in time. We waterpark at Atlantis is sooo much fun especially the lazy river. We spent most of our time on that. The hotel is beautiful..but we ate lunch there and it was like $60 for 2 sandwiches and 2 diet cokes...YIKES!! We are going to be going again in Sept. and we are looking forward to it.

We did it by booking a room at comfort suites, and saved a lot of money. If you go over to the Bahamas board, you will find a lot of info, including a tour company where you can book the excursion for less than NCL. It's a quick taxi ride over. We've also done the Sheraton and Hilton, and prefer the Sheraton.

You will also get there sooner if you book Atlantis on your own, in addition to saving lots of $.

We had this booked through NCL and then cancelled once we learned that you don't have that much time to spend at Atlantis by the time to actually get there and finish the tour, and that you are relegated to one small area of one of their beaches.

If you are interested in seeing more of Atlantis, I highly recommend booking it on your own rather than through NCL. It is very easy to get to and as long as you are aware of time, it is very easy to get back. Depending on the size of your group, I'd suggest checking out either Majestic Tours or Comfort Suites. You could also just get the passes directly from Altantis when you get there, though depending on when you're sailing, they may not be available since it's first come first served and limited by hotel occupancy.

We booked our Aquaventure passes through Majestic Tours for this past March and were very happy with the experience. Lunch can be pricey, like a previous poster mentioned, but doesn't have to be. We ate at one of the grills they had set up by the rock climbing wall and it cost us $20-$25 total for the both of us.

Definitely worth it to see whole place at least once!

We had this booked through NCL and then cancelled once we learned that you don't have that much time to spend at Atlantis by the time to actually get there and finish the tour, and that you are relegated to one small area of one of their beaches.

THANKS i was afraid of this with the time.

• 4 months later...

Archived