Epic Cat b6 Balcony enclosed?

sueb

I'm looking at cabins 12000-12016 and 12101-12017. These cabins seem to be built into the hull of the ship? Has anyone been in one of these cabins or have pics of the balcony? I'm thinking if this is the case the room might be dark and assuming the doors between these cabins cannot open up to each other? Thanks for any info.

The front 5 rooms on that deck on each side have enclosed balconies with an large opening. The 6th room on each side MAY have a semi-obstructed view, but not totally. You can see in this very high resolution picture (11mb) what I'm talking about. Deck 12 is the one directly under the bridge. You can't see the balcony of the 6th room clearly, but on deck 11 you can see the angled balcony. If the picture is only full screen when you load it, click on it to enlarge it to full size. That way you can see the detail

I'll see if I can find other pictures

http://www.imagelibrary.ncl.eu/01_Ships/02_Norwegian%20Epic/02_Aerials/01_Norwegian%20Epic%20Starboard%201_hi.jpg

Here is another picture. Here you can see 12017 with its chair and little table on the deck right below the bridge. I believe the room right under the life preserver is 12009, and the three openings behind that are 12013, 15 and 17. This assumes there are two further forward of the life preserver, which I think is the case (one under the bridge, and one in front). If not, then 12017 has a fully open balcony. If it's the partially enclosed you can see it has a portal in front and an open railing slightly to the side (it's on an angle). You can see that angle better, again, on deck 11.

norwegian-epic-19-06-2010-%28137%29.jpg

Hi, you have me worried now - I am booked into stateroom 12015 departing barcelona on 25th Sept (anyone else on this cruise?) - I know it has a larger balcony, but it doesn't look as open and bright as some of the others....has anyone stayed in any of these rooms that can give us their opinion, please?

You are correct. It's a larger balcony (deeper), but your view will be through a large porthole in the superstructure, not a wooden railing with glass like a typical balcony. I would think these balconies are significantly darker and cave-like, but I've never been in one

Thanks For the response. These are great pics. I agree that the the room would be rather dark, but on the other hand, it would probably stay cool also. The fact that the balcony is enclosed explains a lot about the pricing on these cabins. Thanks Again!

• 4 months later...

Archived