Hurricane policy by Carnival

pawsue521

I have had three Carnival cruises based out of New Orleans or Mobile rerouted because of storms and have never had an extra sea day added or lost any days on the cruise. They were all Western Carib cruises and we have always gone to other ports such as Key West, Nassau or Freeport. Personally I cruise to be at sea, so really don't care what ports the ship ends up.

Would love to get some ideas of what they may do and where I would check for updates? First time cruiser with a worried friend. Me...just excited to be served 3square!!!!!

Your best bet is if you provide your mobile phone number and email when you complete your FunPass.

Our last sailing was delayed by Tropical Storm Lee. Carnival provided most updates via text message. Our roll call members also posted info as they found out on both the CC rollcall and the Facebook page we started for our sailing.

We basically lost our first cruise day as we didn't board until after 11:00 PM and didn't sail until after 1:00AM the following day. According to Guest Services we only sailed "a few hours late" and nothing was offered. Personally by the time we got on board I could have used a complimentary DOD at least!

I have had three Carnival cruises based out of New Orleans or Mobile rerouted because of storms and have never had an extra sea day added or lost any days on the cruise. They were all Western Carib cruises and we have always gone to other ports such as Key West, Nassau or Freeport. Personally I cruise to be at sea, so really don't care what ports the ship ends up.

Maybe I should quit cruising. Sept 09?? or was it 08 that Ike hit, turned into a 8 day and Conquest came into New Orleans and left from Galveston.

July 2010, Ecstasy cruise to nowhere, no ports

Sept 2010, missed 2 out of 3 ports, none substituted.

Luckily I could care less which ports we hit. Missed others, but just weather, not tropical in nature, just regular bad weather.

Archived