2 year old on Royal Caribbean?

JMB22

We are thinking about cruising with our 2 year old son next summer on Royal Caribbean. I read somewhere that some ships have a kiddie pool for babies/toddlers in swim diapers. Is this true? Which ships offer this option? I'm looking into the Allure, Oasis, Freedom, and Liberty because they also have the Royal Tots nursery. I can't find this information on their website.

Also, how does transportation work with a 2 year old at tendered ports (such as CocoCay)? Can we bring our son on the small boats to and from the island without a car seat? I've never seen a car seat option on those small boats. Can he just sit with us for the short boat ride?

Thank you! :)

Oasis, Allure, Freedom, and Liberty do have a kiddie pool for non-potty trained tots. BUT, this is a very small pool with few inches of water that is right next to the very colorful H2O zone with the sculptures that spray water. And the non-potty trained are not supposed to be in that area, it does not have the necessary filtration.

Just keep that in mind. A 2 year old is going to be mobile enough to want to go run through those sprinklers. A young infant may be content with the kiddie pool. But there's a good chance you'll have a tantrum on your hands if a toddler can see the "fun zone" but isn't allowed in there because of swim diapers. There are varying reports regarding the degree to which this is enforced, and it is widely believed amongst passengers that the spray area is also available for tots, but just FYI.

Radiance is getting the nursery right now, and Splendour will have it in November. They don't have the H2O zone, but then also don't have that issue of the very tempting splash zone that's off-limits for toddlers. Many parents bring an inflatable pool or small tub to fill with water for a non-potty trained tot to play in on ships that don't have the kiddie pool.

The water area for non-toliet trained babies is pretty pathetic...just a few inches of water for them to splash around in. If you can get your LO toliet trained before the trip they'll be able to use the H2O zone, which is HUGE (2 kids pools, slash zone, etc).

Archived