Laundry/Pressing Service?

cluelyss18

For the first time in his life, my father wants to buy a garment bag for this trip to Bermuda to put his suit in. I am trying to figure out if this is the best thing, or if he should just cram it all in his luggage and pay to have it pressed once on board. Does anyone know the cost to have something pressed once on the Veendam?

I'm trying to eliminate unnecessary luggage. Thanks for any input, and I apologize if this has been answered a million times over.

i forget the cost, it was less than the cost of a garmet bag, though.

packing tip: leave the pants and coat on a hanger, them put it in a dry-cleaners bag. fold it over in the suitcase. for some reason, the wrinkles are minimal when using this method. hang it in the shower and steam it for a few minutes and it shouldn't need pressing.

i forget the cost, it was less than the cost of a garmet bag, though.

packing tip: leave the pants and coat on a hanger, them put it in a dry-cleaners bag. fold it over in the suitcase. for some reason, the wrinkles are minimal when using this method. hang it in the shower and steam it for a few minutes and it shouldn't need pressing.

Thank you! I tried telling him he would spend more on a garment bag than to have it pressed, he doesn't want to listen. He's also at the lovely time in his life where he has practically started packing yesterday for our trip in Oct!

Thank you! I tried telling him he would spend more on a garment bag than to have it pressed, he doesn't want to listen. He's also at the lovely time in his life where he has practically started packing yesterday for our trip in Oct!

i have a father like that too, LOL. can't tell them anything. oh well. it is his money.

about the dry-cleaner bag trick: i've had suits packed for 36+ hours and they did not need pressing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived