Question for Kiwi Kruzer

Hi David,

Do you remember any time details about your trip to Hanmer Springs? I had a look, and the catch-it-yourself bus seems to get there at 11.30am and next bus back is 12noon. I didn't think it took 2hrs each way. They do have a private tour that picks up and drop back from Lyttleton, at a cost of $235pp.

What do you think? Is it worth it? Is there a lot to see along the way and there as well?

Anyway, just wondered if you could test your brain and remember some details regarding your time schedule when you both did this. Perhaps the schedule has altered since you went.

Thanks,

Jen:)

Hi David,Do you remember any time details about your trip to Hanmer Springs? Jen:)

Hi Jen,

That was pre quake when we did it, and I see from the site that pick up spot and times have changed. We had nothing planned that day, except we thought it would be nice to go to Hanmer. Got the info from the Info centre and the van left from the square, (cordoned off now I believe). We took the run up and had about 1 hour to browse around before heading back.

If we did it again we would rent a car go there. Some great scenery on the way. Theres a winery to visit, which we couldn't, and it would have been neat to stop and wander around some of the small settlements on the way.

I guess it's what you can fit into the time frame for the day, and also whether you call at Lyttleton or Akaroa, that will make the difference.

Archived