looking for the perfect ocean view balcony on allure

looking for 2 cabins on deck 7 (one for us and one for my parents). do not have to be adjoining. This will be our first balcony! we prefer beds next to the balcony with great views at all Eastern caribbean ports. we are going to be traveling with a 9 month old so we may end up watching several sail aways from our balcony! also, if there is less motion towards the front, middle or back that is important too (mom really has trouble with that)!

thanks CC!

looking for 2 cabins on deck 7 (one for us and one for my parents). do not have to be adjoining. This will be our first balcony! we prefer beds next to the balcony with great views at all Eastern caribbean ports. we are going to be traveling with a 9 month old so we may end up watching several sail aways from our balcony! also, if there is less motion towards the front, middle or back that is important too (mom really has trouble with that)!

thanks CC!

what date are you trying for?

You definitely want midship as there is less motion than anywhere else. I would suggest picking deck 6 or 8 instead of 7. if you are near midship elevators on deck 7 and you come up or down on the wrong side, you can't get back across without going up or down 1 level and then going to the other side. Gets old after the 3rd or 4th time you make the mistake..

Is there a reason you selected Deck 7?

I would suggest Deck 8. Being able to enter Central Park was so easily was really nice. Also, with a small child, being able to run over to Park Cafe for a snack or juice might be an advantage as well.

Here is a doc I used to figure out what cabin I wanted. Someone figurured out that when looking at the deck plans, if the cabin has a little symbol indicating that it has capacity for 3 (or more, really any symbol); then it has bed near the closet (obviously so you could open up the couch), and then every other cabin has bed near the balcony. Everyone who has tried it says it works, but I haven't been yet to prove for myself!

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

what date are you trying for?

You definitely want midship as there is less motion than anywhere else. I would suggest picking deck 6 or 8 instead of 7. if you are near midship elevators on deck 7 and you come up or down on the wrong side, you can't get back across without going up or down 1 level and then going to the other side. Gets old after the 3rd or 4th time you make the mistake..

thanks for the advice. deck 8 midship sounds better.

Here is a doc I used to figure out what cabin I wanted. Someone figurured out that when looking at the deck plans, if the cabin has a little symbol indicating that it has capacity for 3 (or more, really any symbol); then it has bed near the closet (obviously so you could open up the couch), and then every other cabin has bed near the balcony. Everyone who has tried it says it works, but I haven't been yet to prove for myself!

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

thanks! big help. i guess then if my brother goes with my parents they have no choice but to have the bed near the closet since they will need the pull out couch. but them plus a 25 year old might get kinda crowded so he may end up with his own room anyway!

Well, I think from everything I have read, you are right, 3 of them would have the bed near the closet. Also the 2 cabins could not be right next to eachother and both have beds by the balcony, based on the "every other room" theory. If your brother gets his own single room, he will have to pay double:eek: it might be cheaper to look into a slightly larger Junior Suite for them, some of these are near regular balcony cabins and you'd also have the larger balcony for the whole family to gather on. The regular balconies are tight for more than 2. Lucky the baby doesn't count as "3" so you can do a room for "2". Happy cabin hunting!

None of my beeswax, but you have a first baby coming Aug 2011 and a nine month old? Or maybe the baby will BE 9 mos old when you cruise...wow, lucky baby, gettting a cruise booked PRE BIRTH!! My kids are jealous;-)

Is there a reason you selected Deck 7?

I would suggest Deck 8. Being able to enter Central Park was so easily was really nice. Also, with a small child, being able to run over to Park Cafe for a snack or juice might be an advantage as well.

I agree with Mewissy. It will probably be most convenient for you to be on Deck 8. If not being able to feel the motion is important to you, then I would go midship, but if not, it would probably be better to be close to an elevator shaft just so that you're close to things.

Archived