Secret Harbour Beach--Anyone been?

Linda2433

We went last year in May while on the NOS. 4 adults and 1 child. We had a great day. Very relaxing, quite, and the water was beautiful. We had a great lunch at the Blue Moon restaurant and the drinks were great also. We would definitely go back. We've been to St. John's 3x's and we've been to Meagan's Bay, but never Sapphire beach.

Hope you enjoy your time in St. Thomas.

Linda

I have been mulling over whether to go to Secret Harbor or Trunk Bay for snorkeling. I have heard that Secret Harbor has excellent snorkeling. Has anyone snorkeled there and Trunk. Which one would you choose.

Also, if I go to secret harbor that gives me at least an extra hour of beach/swimming time vs. ferrying over to St John. The draw for me though, is that Ive never been to Trunk Bay,,but have snorkeled at other beaches on St John including waterlemon key which is awesome.

Any suggestions?

I personally can't say about the snorkeling, BUT my daughter and son-in-law both have been to Trunk Bay and Secret Harbour. My SIL says he like Trunk Bay better for the snorkeling, but my Daughter says she like Secret Harbour because of the facilities. The snorkeling was just as good. We were at Secret Harbour last year and it is beautiful, calm, peaceful and there is a wonderful bar and restaurant there with clean restrooms. And yes they have lounge chairs. Just a beautiful place. Trunk Bay is beautiful also, but they do not have lounge chairs at the beach area and there is very few places to get for shade, but it is also a very beautiful place and great snorkeling.

I hope this helps. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Linda

Linda,

Can you tell me if there are lockers at Secret Harbor and is it rocky at all I saw a picture that made it look like it had alot of shells and stuff?

How long of a cab ride to Secret Harbor?

Also have you heard of or been to Hull Beach?

thanks

Kim

keywest22,

No there were not any lockers, but it seemed to be very safe because it was not very crowded at all. We did have 5 of us, so someone was always with our stuff at all times. And when we ate in the restaurant, we took our stuff. NO you cannot use the pools, but the beach area and water was so nice why would you want to use the pool.

Entering the water at some places was a little rocky. Well, not rocky, but sea shells, but with water shoes on it was not bad at all. I found the whole day to be perfect. We're going at May 7th

Enjoy your cruise

Linda

Visited Secret Harbor about a month ago. The beaches are quite different. Snorkeling is comparable at both, but I probably enjoyed Secret Harbor a little better for more variety of fish and coral. Underwater visibility is good at both, but the water seemed a little "bluer" at Sapphire; there were also fewer rocks entering the water. (Bring your water shoes to Secret Harbor.) Secret Harbor is laid back and quiet; Sapphire has water sports. Both have restaurants and chair rental. They're fairly close together; why not try one in the morning and one in the afternoon? Either way, you won't be disappointed with either.

We were at Secret Harbor last Friday(3/25/05) and it was fantastic. We ended up there by accident because we were in a bar at Red hook and I asked the bartender where he would recommend snorkling. He looked out the window to see where the wind was coming from and suggested Secret Harbor. The resort looked nice and there is a dive shop right on the beach. No more than 10-15 feet out into the water and we saw lots of fish in very clear, calm water. The beach was uncrowded and beautiful and we did not need water shoes to enter the water. I have not snorkled anywhere else around St Thomas, but I would highly recommend Secret Harbor.

How difficult is it to get a taxi to Secret Harbor, and how about back to the prier or shopping area, we thought about going to the Paradise point around 3 or 4 so we can make it back to the ship in time.

Thanks

Getting a taxi both ways is very easy. When you get off the boat, simply look for the taxi line and let them know where you want to go. Since Secret Harbor is not crowded, there are not a bunch of taxis waiting in line when you are ready to leave. We simply walked in to the hotel lobby and asked where to get a taxi and the lady at the front desk made a quick phone call, handed us a slip of paper with the name of the taxi company and car number that would pick us up out front. She said it would be 5 minutes and sure enough a few minutes later our taxi came looking for us and took us back to the port.

In general, getting around on St Thomas by taxi was very easy. We made several stops where we had to get a new taxi when we were ready to move on and each time there was little or no wait to get one.

Archived