questions about liberty of the seas

My wife and I are both diamond members and will be sailing LOS TA in october2011 and 2012

I have a couple of questions I hope one of you kind folk might answer

1/Is it possible to get tickets for SNF from the diamond concierge.

2/what are the main differences between LOS and IOS after the refit

and last but not least does anyone know when the eastbound TA for 2013 will be released as we are planning a 2week vacation in florida and then hoping to sail home or there abouts on the eastbound TA.

Thanks in advance

Delboy

Hi, we are diamond members too and were on the Liberty TA in April. SNF had not started so I can't give a definite answer but on our sailing there were over 700 diamond members and there were no ice show tickets available in the Diamond lounge as there were too many people, we queued along with everyone else. Of course some people complained but we thought they did a good job overall with the diamond members in difficult circumstances. They held the drinks every evening in the Sphinx lounge, it was chaos the first night but more organsed from then on.

To me there were not any major changes in the refit, I could hardly tell the difference from Indy. There was the big screen by the pool, the dreamworks characters which we didn't see that much of, the cupcake cupboard and the touch screens. I can't think of anything else. We had a great trip though.

I would guess the 2013 TAs will come out in Spring next year.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did,

Julie

My wife and I are both diamond members and will be sailing LOS TA in october2011 and 2012

I have a couple of questions I hope one of you kind folk might answer

1/Is it possible to get tickets for SNF from the diamond concierge.

2/what are the main differences between LOS and IOS after the refit

and last but not least does anyone know when the eastbound TA for 2013 will be released as we are planning a 2week vacation in florida and then hoping to sail home or there abouts on the eastbound TA.

Thanks in advance

Delboy

Hi there, we're also on the Oct 2011 TA. We've recently sailed on Liberty out of Barcelona and there are links to my review and photos under my signature.

You will be able to pre-book for SNF online before we sail under the entertainment option in the pre-cruise planner.

We also changed the reservation on the day of boarding as they had a 'box office' open in the Sphinx Lounge for you to make reservations or changes as they had changed the performance times from those booked online. If they change the times before we sail and you booked online you will get an email notification with a booking for an alternative performance.

The 'box office' was also open on day 2 in the On Air club.

I assume they will have the same system on the TA and it is all in the Cruise Compass.

They don't issue tickets as it is all done electronically on your booking and then held against your SeaPass card. However, I'm sure the Diamond concierge will help if needs be, although it won't be the one we had in May as she is finishing her current contract in Sept.

As mentioned previously the main changes are the big screen on the pool deck, the electronic signage on each deck, Cupcake cupboard, improved interactive TV system, Self serve wine in Vintages, Dreamworks, 3D cinema, Nursery, and enhanced WiFi throughout the ship.

If the westbound TA is anything like the eastbound as previously mentioned then I suspect the Diamond event will be in the Sphinx lounge also. The concierge said that they had around 30 staff working each evening!

There are several roll call threads for this Oct sailing, not sure if you have seen them or joined them yet.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29354274

or

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29353645

Archived