beaches between dockyard and horseshoe bay

stingray13

stingray13 asked: ...Does anyone have any experience going to any of these beaches (beaches between dockyard and horseshoe bay) recently?? Church Bay??

Warwick Long Bay (from the previous post) is not between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay, Church Bay is. Recently CC member iheartbda posted 3 pictures and brief comments about CB in post #2 of this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1422416

Other beaches between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay and served by the route #7 or route #8 bus are listed below. None of these beaches are on the bus route and can leave a considerable walk from the bus stop to the beach. A taxi could be a better option.

SBtS

SBtS, What about West Whale Bay? I was thinking of going there the first evening to watch the sun set...I read somewhere that when the tide is in the beach doesn't exist...But I've also read that it's a great spot to watch the sun set, so I'm assuming the tide is out in the early evenings...

Is this beach easy to get to from the #7?

Thanks!

Angie

Thanks for asking about West Whale Bay, I knew I was forgetting a beach when I put the list together in my previous post.

WWB is located about 6.4 miles from the wharves at the Dockyard; however, you would have to walk about .4-.5 mile from the bus stop to get to the beach

You could take either route #7 or route #8 to get there and back.

Here is a write up on WWB - http://bermuda-guide.info/attractions/beaches/west.whale.bay/

YouTube video:

web picture of WWB:

BDA-westwhale.jpg

About tides, they occur at different times each day. If the tide is low in the evening one night, it would be low a littler later the next night and so on. Eventually, there will be a high tide in the evening. You need a tide calendar to determine when hi & lo tides are for a particular date & location.

SBtS

Thank you, SBtS! I appreciate the links you provided. Now I just have to see if our cruiseline will pack us a dinner-to-go. LOL I doubt it, but hey, I can ask. :) I'd love to sit on the beach and eat dinner (or maybe just a snack) while watching the sunset...sappy and romantic, but hey, I'm never either, so I need to get my fill at some point.

I checked the tide calendar for Bermuda on the day I plan to go to this beach and low tide starts at 6:06 pm, so we should be good to go!

Thanks so much, you're a great help!

Angie

SailBadthe Sinner (and OP) - sorry for the bad geography in my earlier post about Warwick Long Bay. I think my visits came from the Hamilton direction. I still do like the quiet nature of the beach.

Archived