What are the best days to eat in the MDR?

Like many, we enjoy the MDR everyday. We think the food is wonderful and we enjoy sitting down to great service rather than getting up and down for the buffet at the Windjammer Cafe (we do go there for breakfast). We order as much as we care to eat in the MDR, several appetizers, desserts and even an extra entree if the mood strikes us and we have rarely been disappointed.

We eat in the MDR every night, except one night where we'll go to either Chops or Portofino's. In fact, on sea days, we'll eat breakfast there as well. I try to stay out of the Windjammer if I can get away with it.

I usually like night one and the formal nights. The nightly choices change a bit depending on cruise length and even between cruises, so you won't get an exact answer. The 'Get Out There' night is notoriously bad; I think every waiter I've ever had has picked that night as the night to skip.

There are many different offerings every night in the MDR, so we eat there just about every night. We also enjoy it for breakfast now and then and for lunch because of the great "TUTTI" salad bar. We usually try the specialty rest. on at least evening as well. Wishing you "happy eating " on your cruise !!:)

Every day for breakfast, when open for lunch on sea days, every night with the exception of if you choose to go to one of the specialty dining rooms.

I love being served, don't like so much having to fetch my own food in the buffet.

Archived