Oceania Insignia cabins on deck 4

hiseas1430

Just got off Insignia 10 days ago. We were in OV cabin 4045 starboard. I never even saw the door for the medical center for the entire 10 days that we were on the ship. Cabin was in a great location, convenient and quiet. I highly recommend anyone of those OV cabins on deck 4.

Medical centre entry is on PORT side middle section

you enter from the hallway there are OV cabins across from the medical centre 4022, 4024

It is an enclosed medical unit

Not really sure what you are looking for???

DH and I have stayed in mid-ships cabins on deck 4 (both sides) for the last five cruises, and we love it. It is convenient ~ one flight up to the dining room and cabaret, one flight down to disembark for the ports of call. Guest relations is, literally, just around the corner. The rooms are quiet; we never heard any noise in the halls and, even when we were across from the medical center, never heard anything. Go and enjoy!

Harriet

We were in 4056 on Regatta for 26 days in 2008. Had been only in veranda cabins before that. I LOVED it! Step outside your door, turn right and you're on deck. Straight ahead, the staircase. Turn left, the reception desk. Many times the disembarkation or embarkation door were right there on the right. I'd book that cabin again in a minute. SO convenient!

We have been in 4045 on each of the three original Oceania ships, the latest cruise coming two months ago. The fourth deck cabins lack balconies, but in my experience that's not a big deal. Wind poses a problem with use of balconies. I've never been upset at not having one. The fourth deck is very convenient to lots of things, including getting off the ship and getting to the main dining room. At one time I thought being close to the reception area might be bad because of foot traffic. It's not. Plus, it's easy to get to the reception desk when you need to. I might avoid 4056 and 4055, as they are the first cabins in the row when you leave the reception area. But I would take most any other fourth deck cabin. The door to the medical center isn't very obtrusive. When you need medical care, you're out of the hallway in a waiting room. I'd probably avoid staying in that immediate area, but I wouldn't avoid that entire side of the ship. I suppose in the unfortunate situation where many people are ill on a cruise, the area around the medical office might get busy and unpleasant. But that seems an unlikely scenario. LittleRedJohn

Archived