Belize

My family is going on our first cruize Oct 15th and I have heard that ships are not stopping in Belize, I have contacted Carnival and can not get a straight answer on if our ship will be stopping. So my question is who has or has NOT stopped in Belize? I am just trying to get some form of a ratio.

Thanks for your help! I really want to go to Belize to snorkal

This past winter there was a bit of a dust up between Carnival and the tender operators. All has been resolved and Carnival ships are going to Belize. We'll be there a week from today.

Best snorkeling in Belize is via a boat to one of the reefs in the Great Barrier Reef system. Perferably ona private boat. Shore snorkeling off Bannister or Geff's Caye can be hit or miss. Ship sponsored snorkeling off boats can be more of a cattle call with crowds and you'll only go as fast as the slowest swimmer.

My family is going on our first cruize Oct 15th and I have heard that ships are not stopping in Belize, I have contacted Carnival and can not get a straight answer on if our ship will be stopping. So my question is who has or has NOT stopped in Belize? I am just trying to get some form of a ratio.

We were in Belize in 2005, and we did a snorkeling/beach excusion booked through the cruise ship. (RCCL) The snorkel boat came right up to the ship for boarding. We went to one or two reefs, then to a beach for about an hour, then there was plenty of rum punch flowing on the ride back to the ship. Good times had by all!!!

We were in Belize in 2005, and we did a snorkeling/beach excusion booked through the cruise ship. (RCCL) The snorkel boat came right up to the ship for boarding. We went to one or two reefs, then to a beach for about an hour, then there was plenty of rum punch flowing on the ride back to the ship. Good times had by all!!!

Thanks everyone! I hope there are no issues with stopping in Belize when we go!

You should be ok. The only issue that could pop up is weather. If it is too rough the tender boats may not be able to come out and pick you up from the Carnival ship. It's doubtful that you'll encounter this but it's a possibility.

Belize City is ugly and horrible. The people I encountered were not nice. I would avoid Belize City at all costs.

When you travel the world looking for beauty, you have to remember to bring it with you. :rolleyes:

Belize City is ugly and horrible. The people I encountered were not nice. I would avoid Belize City at all costs.

What on earth did you do in Belize? Belize is a beautiful country if you look around it just a bit - and the Belizeans I've met have been nice and pleasant, for the most part. We're going back this fall for an extended land vacation. Seriously, what was so bad about Belize in your experience?

Ahhh someone who had an encounter with the vendors outside the Tourism Village gates, I persume.

May Lord Voldemort be with you if you every venture anywhere near Dakar, or Mombai, or Naples, or even Times Square:eek:

I am sure Belize is a beautiful country, however I would not recommend the city tour to anyone. The people were so nice and we were never afraid but the level of poverty is astounding. If you are going to Belize then definitely book an excursion away from the city. The tender takes about 15 minutes and can be a little rough if you are easily prone to motion sickness.

Archived