What are the penalties for switching a cruise?

Jo and Rob

We have a cruise booked next August and there is a possibility that we will need to change the booking due to a clash of dates. (We have no idea the date of our Olympic tickets but know we paid for one event and that 2 of the 11 possible dates it could be clash! :()

We are hoping it won't come to it however how much is it going to cost us to book onto another P&O cruise a week or so later?

Do we lose our deposit or can we transfer it to a new cruise? Already the prices have all gone up so it will cost us on that front. My other query is regarding OBC. Do we still qualify for OBC and free parking? :confused:

Thank you in advance.

Not looking good concerning the change of cruise but hey congratulations on being some of the minority who actually have any Olympic tickets:p

We are in Weymouth, very close to the sailing centre, and are seriously considering trying to do a house exchange with someone with a nice house in Spain so that we can get the h*** out of it for the duration of both sets of games:rolleyes:

See clause 15 of the terms and conditions

http://www.pocruises.com/Global/pdf/POC%20Booking%20Conditions%2001%2006%2011.pdf

I believe that you would forfeit any benefits you have on your current cruise and you would get any benefits going for your new cruise at the time, if any.

Brian

Thanks Brian. So we could get away with a £100 penalty (I take it that is not per person!)

Dorset Cruiser - yes we know we are really lucky, shame we can't really celebrate it until we can relax about the date. :rolleyes: I can't understand why they can't email us with the date and venue when the money is taken out of your account.

I agree - its been really poorly thought out. I thought it was supposed to be the Peoples' Olympics but as usual the majority of the tickets are going to the corporate 'fat cats' and Joe Public, who has paid for part of the games in increased taxation (especially for those close to the Olympic sites) has drawn the short straw again.

Pleased you have got at least something to look forward to though and hope you can change your cruise if you need to.

We changed our cruise from October '11 to February '12.

As long as you swap before the full payment is due, this is allowed.

Your deposit is transferred to the new cruise but you have to pay a one off £100 admin fee.

You will lose the benefits from the old cruise but you should be able to have the benefits available on the new cruise as normal. We did.

If you've prepaid in full for your cruise it may be different.

Thanks Brian. So we could get away with a £100 penalty (I take it that is not per person!)

Dorset Cruiser - yes we know we are really lucky, shame we can't really celebrate it until we can relax about the date. :rolleyes: I can't understand why they can't email us with the date and venue when the money is taken out of your account.

If I remember correctly you were booked for Fjords on Azura. Just so you know, the half term week cruise to Fjords on Azura for next year has 90%child discount so may be worth considering if swapping for that cruise (2nd June 2012). We've just come back form half term holida to Fjords on Azura and it was fantastic and we are also booked to do again next half term given the bargain price child rates.

If I remember correctly you were booked for Fjords on Azura. Just so you know, the half term week cruise to Fjords on Azura for next year has 90%child discount so may be worth considering if swapping for that cruise (2nd June 2012). We've just come back form half term holida to Fjords on Azura and it was fantastic and we are also booked to do again next half term given the bargain price child rates.

Thanks for the head's up. I've just looked at the prices of the cruises and if we went a week later on Aurora it would cost £1300 more!!! The Azura at half term is definitely something to consider that I hadn't thought about. We are away in April next year though so it would be two close together :o. The thought of not going away in August would be hard, but if the tickets clash I think your advised half term break would be perfect. Thank you :)

Thanks for the head's up. I've just looked at the prices of the cruises and if we went a week later on Aurora it would cost £1300 more!!! The Azura at half term is definitely something to consider that I hadn't thought about. We are away in April next year though so it would be two close together :o. The thought of not going away in August would be hard, but if the tickets clash I think your advised half term break would be perfect. Thank you :)

You can never have too many cruises booked and the gap between can never be too small :D We only had about 6 weeks between our Oceana and Azura cruises this year and I think I could quite happily live with cruising that frequently, unfortunately the bank balance can't. The summer holiday cruises are very expensive but you might pick up another late deal with P&O nearer the time (we did last August on Azura and I was glad we didn't book well in advance)

You can never have too many cruises booked and the gap between can never be too small :D We only had about 6 weeks between our Oceana and Azura cruises this year and I think I could quite happily live with cruising that frequently, unfortunately the bank balance can't. The summer holiday cruises are very expensive but you might pick up another late deal with P&O nearer the time (we did last August on Azura and I was glad we didn't book well in advance)

You are right about cruising! In actual fact when we won the Allure cruise that was only a fortnight after our booked Costa Serena cruise and it was fabulous. Still no news on the date or venue for the Olympics. I can't believe looking at the cruises for 2012 how many categories are now sold out. That's what bumps the price up. Suddenly the cheap and mid-range balconies are gone. If it did all change last minute August could be good although I imagine everyone would want the slot after the Olympics so demand would be high.

Which "next half term" have you booked? I can't see anything in the October half term that would fit.

You are right about cruising! In actual fact when we won the Allure cruise that was only a fortnight after our booked Costa Serena cruise and it was fabulous. Still no news on the date or venue for the Olympics. I can't believe looking at the cruises for 2012 how many categories are now sold out. That's what bumps the price up. Suddenly the cheap and mid-range balconies are gone. If it did all change last minute August could be good although I imagine everyone would want the slot after the Olympics so demand would be high.

Which "next half term" have you booked? I can't see anything in the October half term that would fit.

It's June we've booked the half term cruise for next year (it falls late because of the Queen's Jubilee). There have been late booking deals on P&O for August holidays but they tend to be 14/16 night cruises rather than the shorter ones. Recently one agent had lead in prices for Ventura in August for 14 nights of £999 per person this summer which is not bad for peak dates. The 16 nighter on Azura to central med last August came down to £1099 per person. I think that cruise was less popular because some schools started back on 1st/2nd September and the cruise didn't come back until about 4th. I am convinced P&O will have to drop prices again anyway, now they have gone up and free parking has gone I don't think they look very competitive for next year. I was looking at the New Year cruise on Azura for 2012 but I am going to hold off and see what happens on prices.

You never know you may love Celebrity so much you decide you want to book with them again. They do look very nice but my youngest is too little for the children's club yet so we are holding off trying them out for now. I am also worried about trying out club on anything other than P&O as my son was put right off the clubs on RCI when he was told if he came he had to join in all the activities (P&O are much more laid back).

It's June we've booked the half term cruise for next year (it falls late because of the Queen's Jubilee). There have been late booking deals on P&O for August holidays but they tend to be 14/16 night cruises rather than the shorter ones. Recently one agent had lead in prices for Ventura in August for 14 nights of £999 per person this summer which is not bad for peak dates. The 16 nighter on Azura to central med last August came down to £1099 per person. I think that cruise was less popular because some schools started back on 1st/2nd September and the cruise didn't come back until about 4th. I am convinced P&O will have to drop prices again anyway, now they have gone up and free parking has gone I don't think they look very competitive for next year. I was looking at the New Year cruise on Azura for 2012 but I am going to hold off and see what happens on prices.

You never know you may love Celebrity so much you decide you want to book with them again. They do look very nice but my youngest is too little for the children's club yet so we are holding off trying them out for now. I am also worried about trying out club on anything other than P&O as my son was put right off the clubs on RCI when he was told if he came he had to join in all the activities (P&O are much more laid back).

Yes we can't wait!! We do like the P&O drinks prices and free shuttles. I haven't been on a cruise that I haven't enjoyed yet!

Archived