Toddler Safety - Oceana Balcony

MarijkeMiles

Hi All

We've booked an A deck balcony cabin on the Oceana, virtually the last one at the back on the starboard side.

I had assumed from pictures that the balconies were 'solid' glass & steel. I now think I am seeing traditional railed balconies.

Does anyone know roughly what height these are, and how far apart the bars are spaced? I note that P&O say the patio doors cannot be locked (we'll soon rig something up to overcome that).

Obviously we would be extremely careful with supervision, but I'm just wondering what I'm going to be up against. P&O offer netting for the balconies, but I wonder if that's going to prove more tempting than the rails to identical 3 year old boys/monkeys?

Have searched and searched for a decent photo but can't find any. Or any feedback which would either put my mind to rest/help me to prepare my plans(!) would be very gratefully received. On reflection it was stupid to go for a balcony but too late now as booked between 2 sets of geriatric parents attending our wedding, who we dare not abandon!!

M :D

Archived