Iceland and Greenland

Golden Circle tour in Iceland. We did independent with a group from CC rather than the ship one and had a great time. See all the highlights......

Greenland we went to the ice cap but we arrived at Quaqurtoq (spelling error in know...)

You will have a fantastic time. Not anything like you would expect I am sure......

Last year we visited Iceland and Greenland. In Reykjavik we took the "Golden Circle" tour which we arranged when we got there with some other passengers who we met on the cruise. We went in two SUV's which made for a very enjoyable, personalized, non-crowded tour. Even in drizzly weather, the scenery was wonderful. We also made a stop at Heimaey, which is a volcanic island southeast of Reykjavik where we just hiked through the lava fields. In Greenland, we stopped at Nanortalik, a little picturesque, colorful village where we hiked to the hills bordering the town. If you go to this link - http://vov2010bylj.shutterfly.com/pictures/62 you'll see some photos that I took in Iceland and Greenland last year. Just arrow forward from that picture and there are probably about 50 views of Iceland and Greenland. There are labels under the pictures that give a bit of an idea about what your viewing. One thing to note is that food and drink are pretty expensive in Iceland - a place where drink prices on the ship look reasonable. Cheers!

Last year we visited Iceland and Greenland. In Reykjavik we took the "Golden Circle" tour which we arranged when we got there with some other passengers who we met on the cruise. We went in two SUV's which made for a very enjoyable, personalized, non-crowded tour. Even in drizzly weather, the scenery was wonderful. We also made a stop at Heimaey, which is a volcanic island southeast of Reykjavik where we just hiked through the lava fields. In Greenland, we stopped at Nanortalik, a little picturesque, colorful village where we hiked to the hills bordering the town. If you go to this link - http://vov2010bylj.shutterfly.com/pictures/62 you'll see some photos that I took in Iceland and Greenland last year. Just arrow forward from that picture and there are probably about 50 views of Iceland and Greenland. There are labels under the pictures that give a bit of an idea about what your viewing. One thing to note is that food and drink are pretty expensive in Iceland - a place where drink prices on the ship look reasonable. Cheers!

thank you for the photos and advice

lj77346 - could you give me some more information on your tour in Reykjavik? What company did you use? It sounds like you booked it when you arrived. Was that the case? Did you do the Golden Circle? How long was the tour and about what was the cost? Thank you for any information.

MSPCUBS - We booked the tour when we arrived. I don't remember the name of the company we used, but the woman who owned the company was by the souvenir shop - tourist office building that is right at the dock in Reykjavik. I think we paid around $60 per person for the tour that lasted about 5 hours (from around 1 p.m to 6 p.m.). We visited the "Golden Circle" sites (Thingvellir, Gullfoss, and Geysir) plus a volcanic crater lake and an old church on our way back to Reykjavik. The nice thing about the tour in the SUV was that there were only 6 of us, so we could decide how much time we wanted at each stop. At the tourist office in the building near the dock, you can also make arrangements for a tour - it looked like they were booking large bus tours there as well as arranging for tours for smaller groups in vans and SUVs. If you're in Reykjavik for a full day, arranging a tour should not be much of a problem unless lots of ships are in on the same day.

Archived