Camp Carnival

geh001

There is no cost for Camp Carnival. Except for late night care for which there is a fee. I have not heard of anyone, until today, about tipping any of the camp staff. They are salaried.

I noticed you sailed twice on carnival miracle and are booked for another one....what keeps you going back to that particular ship on carnival? I'm interested in the itinerary for a Caribbean trip on that ship... we have a 7 yr old coming too!

I noticed you sailed twice on carnival miracle and are booked for another one....what keeps you going back to that particular ship on carnival? I'm interested in the itinerary for a Caribbean trip on that ship... we have a 7 yr old coming too!

The first time we sailed on the Miracle it was our honeymoon cruise. It was the same cruise as we did on the Inspiration a few years before. We wanted a balcony cabin. The Miracle was sailing out of Tampa at that time. Starting with our Liberty cruise we have taken our grandson with us every cruise. We like the Miracle. A great ship, great service. For our second Miracle cruise. When we saw that the Miracle had an eight day cruise to the Southern Caribbean it got our attention. One extra day and the destinations we had not been to was a plus. Ft Lauderdale was an easy in and out port to drive to. We like the layout of the Miracle, which I guess is the same for all spirit class ships. The Miracle was selected as the second favorite ship in the Carnival fleet behind the Dream. That may be a difficult position to keep with the Magic and Breeze starting up. We would recommend the Miracle to anyone. We would like to do the eight day cruise again. :cool:

The first time we sailed on the Miracle it was our honeymoon cruise. It was the same cruise as we did on the Inspiration a few years before. We wanted a balcony cabin. The Miracle was sailing out of Tampa at that time. Starting with our Liberty cruise we have taken our grandson with us every cruise. We like the Miracle. A great ship, great service. For our second Miracle cruise. When we saw that the Miracle had an eight day cruise to the Southern Caribbean it got our attention. One extra day and the destinations we had not been to was a plus. Ft Lauderdale was an easy in and out port to drive to. We like the layout of the Miracle, which I guess is the same for all spirit class ships. The Miracle was selected as the second favorite ship in the Carnival fleet behind the Dream. That may be a difficult position to keep with the Magic and Breeze starting up. We would recommend the Miracle to anyone. We would like to do the eight day cruise again. :cool:

Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it.

There is no cost for Camp Carnival. Except for late night care for which there is a fee. I have not heard of anyone, until today, about tipping any of the camp staff. They are salaried.

They're salaried (barely), but salaried like waiters because they should be making some money in tips - you've got to tip great staff! You should tip Camp staff just as you tip your cabin stewards - they work just as hard if not harder!

We don’t care for Camp Carnival much since one of the staff yelled at my wife for bringing our grandson to Camp Carnival late. We didn’t know you could actually be late. You can. The number of children per staff is high. May be why they seem to work hard. The wait staff and our cabin steward did more for our grandson. There always seems to be a lot of other children not in Camp Carnival that he can spend time with.

We don’t care for Camp Carnival much since one of the staff yelled at my wife for bringing our grandson to Camp Carnival late. We didn’t know you could actually be late. You can. The number of children per staff is high. May be why they seem to work hard. The wait staff and our cabin steward did more for our grandson. There always seems to be a lot of other children not in Camp Carnival that he can spend time with.

I hope you reported this to the front desk. There is no set time for a child to go to the Camp Carnival room, and attendance isn't even required all of the time. No such thing as being late. If an activity has started, even the kid can try to catch up or can play video games, etc. until the next activity. You just have to pick up the child by the required time.

Archived