Pictures of Embassy Suites in Anchorage

seafood

DH and I have returned from 7-day Alaska cruise on Celebrity Millennium. I like reading the reviews about pre- and post-cruise hotels, but also like seeing pictures. We stayed at the Embassy Suites before our cruise. It is a very nice hotel...fairly new and very clean. One of the reasons I booked this hotel is that I was told that they would shuttle us (free of charge) to anywhere within a 5-mile radius. Well, the day before we got there, the policy had changed and they now only shuttle to a few specific places. Therefore, if you book this hotel, please get specifics as to where they will shuttle you to. There is a Denny's, Walmart, Subway, Wendys, and a grocery store within walking distance.

Oh, if it matters to you, there is no bathtub; but the shower is very nice with a shower head to die for.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. This is my first time downloading pictures so I hope this works.

DSCN2217.jpg.7d3e933a8b3a33926cfcecc7e39dc04e.jpg

DSCN2223.jpg.960b76527d4303a38bb73c0c54e89e2f.jpg

DSCN2220.jpg.986ce0757f7eb5a1bc7b1a8b06ac133a.jpg

DSCN2216.jpg.595f0a6a254cae18dfd55e57a75821b0.jpg

DSCN2211.jpg.27a66261ca4df99840695cc3d6d2ff00.jpg

I like seeing hotel photos before making my decision. Thank you!

How did you find the usual Embassy Suites items such as breakfast?

I personally prefer the showers to a bathtub as I feel they are easier to manage.

the evening reception food consisted of chips, dip, salsa, vegetables, and beer/wine. Mixed drinks may have also been available. DH and I just had beer and wine.

We paid $260 plus per night, which is kind of high. However, I think most hotels in Alaska during the cruise season tend to be a little high. We arrived in Anchorage fairly early (noon-ish) so we were able to enjoy time at the hotel. If we had arrived later, we would have found something cheaper. On our way to the airport, we did pass the Hilton Garden Inn; it looked nice from the outside and, I believe, it was cheaper than Embassy Suites.

• 8 months later...

I know I'm posting late here, but we stayed at this Embassy Suites in 2009. Some of the rooms do have bathtubs; I know ours did, and if you look at the photo tour for the Anchorage location on the Embassy Suites website, you will see photos of the rooms, including pictures of bathtubs in the rooms. I remember we had a tub because we experienced an earthquake while there, and my daughter was in the tub and didn't feel it. My husband is a Hilton Diamond, we stayed here on points, and were given a very nice suite. The breakfast buffet here was wonderful, and the chef in the morning would make chocolate chip pancakes for me.

Thanks for sharing.. visuals are always good! i just called the Embassy Suites this morning asking about their shuttles. They have a 24/7 shuttle to the airport, a soft-side shuttle to the hospital (whatever that means) and a shuttle that runs to downtown at noon, 2pm, 6pm and 8pm.

Thanks again!

Archived