personal coffee maker

fb0075

Sorry

Tried to find this but no luck

Been over 5 years since cruised with Princess and during that time most lines have gone to no coffee makers allowed BUT I have searched the Princess site and Conditions of Carriage and cant find ANYTHING to stop us carrying ours--

little help PLEASE

FRANK

I wouldn't think of bringing a regular coffee maker or percolator, but they now have small drip coffee makers that have no warming plate and we have never had a problem taking one onboard. Some make one cup, others make two. Very safe, and they turn off automatically after they are finished. We personally have never had a problem taking one of these onboard whether in our carry on or checked bag.

I also might add that I have read where some trying to take on a percolator or regular coffee maker with a warming plate have had them confiscated. These are more of a safety hazard where the cup at a time coffee makers without a warming plate with the auto shut off, use the same amount of electricity and are no more dangerous than a hair dryer or curling iron, in fact, probably safer than a curling iron. ;)

Frank I would leave it at home. Fire is the greatest danger to any ship at sea. I know how bad Princess regular coffee is which is why I get a coffee card.........but for safety I would consider leaving it at home.

Frank I would leave it at home. Fire is the greatest danger to any ship at sea. I know how bad Princess regular coffee is which is why I get a coffee card.........but for safety I would consider leaving it at home.

Thank you

But I didnt ask for your opinion

FRANK

Thank you

But I didnt ask for your opinion

FRANK

No you asked for everyones opinion. You got it and don't like it. :D I can understand why some people are reluctant to post here.

...then you shouldn't have posted......you asked for help.

The question is not RIGHT or WRONG. The question is do we know of anything in writing that prevents him from taking it aboard

...then you shouldn't have posted......you asked for help.

As just posted --I do not need or want your opinion as to whether I am right or wrong to bring it---

Why do you think that asking about a situation that you should begin to berate someone because it goes against your on belief system!

the bullies that manifest the board make it hard for people to get a straight answer and personally this is our 95th cruise and dont need someone to give me advice--I was looking for facts!

and BTW

YOU ARE RUDE!!!!

If you check in the contract/conditions you will see that coffee pots/water heaters without automatic shutoff switches are not allowed.

We have and will continue to take our automatic thermostatic controlled water heater. It has never been a problem. I made a point of asking both the Safety Officer and the PSD folks about our heater and have been assured that it is fully acceptable.

May I suggest that you carry the auto shut off item in your carry on. When I carried ours in our checked luggage - our luggage was held at security and we had to go down so they could inspect what the "contraband" they thought they saw in our suitcase. Delayed arrival of our luggage significantly (and we had to carry it to the room).

Archived