2011 Cruisers' Choice Awards: And the Winners Are ...

Zambini

What I don't understand is that most CC members who took an MSC cruise and didn't like it post a review or comment on the forum saying why and listing their negative experiences. Then they move on to another cruise line and post on that forum. That's fine.

But for months now we have Zambini and one or two others that keep coming back on the forum to tell members not to book an MSC cruise because THEY didn't didn't like theirs and besides, all the reviews (except from the cheerleaders) show that MSC is a bad cruise line.?

I wish I had that kind or time on my hands....

To come back and post negative threads about a particular line for over a year now..., I could have done it with our last cruise (NCL)...Am I going to daily visit that forum and post negative rants because I did not like the cruise?

No, I wrote my review and offered answers when prompted, but to initiate negative twists and distorted ideas is beyond me.

That line did not suit me at all...next......I do not believe it is constructive to rip into a line for that sole reason...plenty of people seemed to be having a fabulous time on that line, and the forum cheerleeders on that forum fervently defend its offering, I totally respect that.

MSC was far superior in all aspects and will surely cruise with them again, despite the fact that they receive lower scores from some that expect anything other than what the line claims to offer.

We are an American couple in our 60's traveling for the first time on MSC in Sept. You have perked my interest in MSC cruises and I can't wait to find out the truth to all the bickering. I have cruised with NCL, RC and Carnival. Carnival is my favorite. I will give you my honest opinion when we return.

What I don't understand is that most CC members who took an MSC cruise and didn't like it post a review or comment on the forum saying why and listing their negative experiences. Then they move on to another cruise line and post on that forum. That's fine.

But for months now we have Zambini and one or two others that keep coming back on the forum to tell members not to book an MSC cruise because THEY didn't didn't like theirs and besides, all the reviews (except from the cheerleaders) show that MSC is a bad cruise line.?

I wish I had that kind or time on my hands....

To come back and post negative threads about a particular line for over a year now..., I could have done it with our last cruise (NCL)...Am I going to daily visit that forum and post negative rants because I did not like the cruise?

No, I wrote my review and offered answers when prompted, but to initiate negative twists and distorted ideas is beyond me.

That line did not suit me at all...next......I do not believe it is constructive to rip into a line for that sole reason...plenty of people seemed to be having a fabulous time on that line, and the forum cheerleeders on that forum fervently defend its offering, I totally respect that.

MSC was far superior in all aspects and will surely cruise with them again, despite the fact that they receive lower scores from some that expect anything other than what the line claims to offer.

Well, we agree on one thing, we both didn't like NCL, but a lot of people do.

Our difference is I don't insist the opposing viewpoint is wrong.

Well, we agree on one thing, we both didn't like NCL, but a lot of people do.

Our difference is I don't insist the opposing viewpoint is wrong.

Yup, I'll agree to that one NCL, not for us.

I even received a few hundred dollars on board credit for a next cruise, because we felt some shortcomings were just too large....no regrets about losing that.

...and for the record, I do not insist on opposing views, in fact I believe it adds perspective....the manner in which they are presented is what irks me.

We are an American couple in our 60's traveling for the first time on MSC in Sept. You have perked my interest in MSC cruises and I can't wait to find out the truth to all the bickering. I have cruised with NCL, RC and Carnival. Carnival is my favorite. I will give you my honest opinion when we return.

Well, I certainly will read your review and value your opinion, but as you can see the MSC loyalists will not unless it agrees with them.

Well said..polls are what they are...opinions, cannot put too much value in them,

For example we cruised MSC twice and loved it and the feeling we received being on the ship.

Tried an American line this year, and was very disappointed, in all aspects, food, entertainment, and cleanliness.

We unfortunately did not find an itinerary that we liked for our next cruise with MSC, we need to take vacation in Feb, when the kids have a break.

We try Celebrity next, supposedly also a more refined type of cruise.

As for the 47% of us who liked it, hurray for us!!!:D

Yeah, Polls are just opinions. I find it funny that RCI seems to dominate in all categories in this poll. We hated Royal. We love MSC. Even Carnival did not show up that often. Maybe it was RCI cruisers who decided to load the polls.

MSC is the number two cruise line in Europe, after Costa. Aside from the Brits, there are very few European members of Cruise Critic. It stands to reason that the North Americans and Brits who make up the vast majority of CC members would prefer cruise lines that speak their language and serve up the meat and potatoes 24 hours a day, along with the rock climbing, golf, all inclusive drinks, etc. etc. etc. If the reverse was true and a majority were Italians, Germans, French and Spanish, I'd bet the reviews would be vastly different. Americans, Canadians and Brits prefer RCL, Princess, HAL, and Cunard, while the continental Europeans prefer MSC, Costa, Aida, and Iberocrucieros. There's nothing wrong with that. The OP continues to beat the drums against MSC based on the experience of his one and only cruise with that line (and the Italian poll he sites is a farce based on the opinions of a hundred or so cruisers).

Well, I certainly will read your review and value your opinion, but as you can see the MSC loyalists will not unless it agrees with them.

Please do not contort words

I said that opinions are personal and of value to the person writing them. They are one sided, just as my opinion is, no one has to agree with it, nor will I impose my views. What is acceptable to me may be unnacceptable to others

..and I never said that I only value opinions if they agree with mine, otherwise why would I bother to come on cruise critic in the first place....to read a variety of opinions, get suggestions...I may or may not agree with them but they are certainly valid to that person.

Please do not contort words

I said that opinions are personal and of value to the person writing them. They are one sided, just as my opinion is, no one has to agree with it, nor will I impose my views. What is acceptable to me may be unnacceptable to others

..and I never said that I only value opinions if they agree with mine, otherwise why would I bother to come on cruise critic in the first place....to read a variety of opinions, get suggestions...I may or may not agree with them but they are certainly valid to that person.

You guys have done everything to try and discredit the thrust of this thread and discount the opinions of the reviewers of MSC on cruisecritic,as well as another site recommended by a MSC proponent, including making statements that opinions don't matter.

Of course opinions matter, as you have noted, but you guys have made statements that indicate they aren't revelant too, otherwise why are you bringing them up in your posts?

I don't think I have ever seen more talking in circles than you guys trying to tell us that the reviews/ opinions don't matter in this thread!

Archived