2011 Cruisers' Choice Awards: And the Winners Are ...

Zambini

Cruise Critic is such a small percentage of cruisers that this really does not matter. The winner is Oasis and I would not want to go on a ship that size and have no need to have a merry go round on my ship. I cruise to enjoy a ship not a carnival atmosphere on a ship.

Speaking of entertainment, MSC is tops. On Americas Got Talent last session Howie Mandel kept saying he has never seen anything like the act " fighting gravity". We have seen this on MSC year after year. This season, they are awestruck again with an act that they have never seen, "The Sandio Trio" ( not sure of the name, but they were the ones with the female gymnast on the tiny flexible pole). This type of act was seen on MSC years ago. MSC talent is unlike any other on any cruise ship.

In addition you get fantastic voices that you can find no where else on any ship. Even if you do not like opera, to hear a voice of that magnitude on a cruise line is a goosebump moment, as Sharon Osbourne said of a semi talented opera singer who sang ava maria this past week. You get this and so much more on any night of the week on MSC.

As for the cleanliness of the ships, they only get 100% on their cdc reports. This means more to me than cruise critic reviewers.

The food to us is wonderful, as long as you do not order from the american side night after night. To do that and then to complain is utmost silliness. Eat what they are known for, wonderful Italian food ( NOT OLIVE GARDEN italian).

MSC animation team works from 9 am to 6 pm around the stage area by the pool entertaining, playing games, dancing and then they continue later in the lounges hosting shows, dancing and many other events. The fun on these ships are the best we have had in comparison to all of our other cruises.

MSC is still tops with us and we look forward to cruising on Poesia each year. All other cruises are just cruises, MSC USA cruises are an experience.

LOL, you guys are so funny when you try to deny the facts/ratings:D

208 reviews, 47% liked it.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=384

To say the reviews are do not matter because you don't agree with them is ridiculous, of course they matter, you just disagree with what others like/value.

Just like this Italian poll showing Italian cruisers prefer Royal Caribbean over MSC, it's been demonstrated time and again MSC is not that well regarded.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.crocieristi.it%2Fshowthread.php%2F3066-Miglior-compagnia-crocieristica%3Fs%3D72fa70dad7ce55bfd983e30bab9e343f

Cruise Critic is such a small percentage of cruisers that this really does not matter. The winner is Oasis and I would not want to go on a ship that size and have no need to have a merry go round on my ship. I cruise to enjoy a ship not a carnival atmosphere on a ship.

Speaking of entertainment, MSC is tops. On Americas Got Talent last session Howie Mandel kept saying he has never seen anything like the act " fighting gravity". We have seen this on MSC year after year. This season, they are awestruck again with an act that they have never seen, "The Sandio Trio" ( not sure of the name, but they were the ones with the female gymnast on the tiny flexible pole). This type of act was seen on MSC years ago. MSC talent is unlike any other on any cruise ship.

In addition you get fantastic voices that you can find no where else on any ship. Even if you do not like opera, to hear a voice of that magnitude on a cruise line is a goosebump moment, as Sharon Osbourne said of a semi talented opera singer who sang ava maria this past week. You get this and so much more on any night of the week on MSC.

As for the cleanliness of the ships, they only get 100% on their cdc reports. This means more to me than cruise critic reviewers.

The food to us is wonderful, as long as you do not order from the american side night after night. To do that and then to complain is utmost silliness. Eat what they are known for, wonderful Italian food ( NOT OLIVE GARDEN italian).

MSC animation team works from 9 am to 6 pm around the stage area by the pool entertaining, playing games, dancing and then they continue later in the lounges hosting shows, dancing and many other events. The fun on these ships are the best we have had in comparison to all of our other cruises.

MSC is still tops with us and we look forward to cruising on Poesia each year. All other cruises are just cruises, MSC USA cruises are an experience.

We also love MSC..........only problem is we didn't try them until Feb. this year and so only got to cruise once , but are booked for their first caribbean sailing Nov. 1............we cruise to dance and the dancing on the Poesia was fantabulous .............we are not exactly new comers to the cruising scene as we have sailed 113 times since 1987, we have found our new favorite ship and can't wait to board again.............in fact, if they had a ship here year round we would be on it 6 times a year.......

Well said..polls are what they are...opinions, cannot put too much value in them,

For example we cruised MSC twice and loved it and the feeling we received being on the ship.

Tried an American line this year, and was very disappointed, in all aspects, food, entertainment, and cleanliness.

We unfortunately did not find an itinerary that we liked for our next cruise with MSC, we need to take vacation in Feb, when the kids have a break.

We try Celebrity next, supposedly also a more refined type of cruise.

As for the 47% of us who liked it, hurray for us!!!:D

Yeah, Polls are just opinions. I find it funny that RCI seems to dominate in all categories in this poll. We hated Royal. We love MSC. Even Carnival did not show up that often. Maybe it was RCI cruisers who decided to load the polls.

Yeah, Polls are just opinions. I find it funny that RCI seems to dominate in all categories in this poll. We hated Royal. We love MSC. Even Carnival did not show up that often. Maybe it was RCI cruisers who decided to load the polls.

RCCL is also our least favorite.......tried 3 times, 3 different ships with the same results......others love it, but certainly not for us.

MSC is the number two cruise line in Europe, after Costa. Aside from the Brits, there are very few European members of Cruise Critic. It stands to reason that the North Americans and Brits who make up the vast majority of CC members would prefer cruise lines that speak their language and serve up the meat and potatoes 24 hours a day, along with the rock climbing, golf, all inclusive drinks, etc. etc. etc. If the reverse was true and a majority were Italians, Germans, French and Spanish, I'd bet the reviews would be vastly different. Americans, Canadians and Brits prefer RCL, Princess, HAL, and Cunard, while the continental Europeans prefer MSC, Costa, Aida, and Iberocrucieros. There's nothing wrong with that. The OP continues to beat the drums against MSC based on the experience of his one and only cruise with that line (and the Italian poll he sites is a farce based on the opinions of a hundred or so cruisers).

MSC is the number two cruise line in Europe, after Costa. Aside from the Brits, there are very few European members of Cruise Critic. It stands to reason that the North Americans and Brits who make up the vast majority of CC members would prefer cruise lines that speak their language and serve up the meat and potatoes 24 hours a day, along with the rock climbing, golf, all inclusive drinks, etc. etc. etc. If the reverse was true and a majority were Italians, Germans, French and Spanish, I'd bet the reviews would be vastly different. Americans, Canadians and Brits prefer RCL, Princess, HAL, and Cunard, while the continental Europeans prefer MSC, Costa, Aida, and Iberocrucieros. There's nothing wrong with that. The OP continues to beat the drums against MSC based on the experience of his one and only cruise with that line (and the Italian poll he sites is a farce based on the opinions of a hundred or so cruisers).

You told us all to go to that website to see what Italians thought about cruising, remember? LOL !

Nope, not me beating the drums, it's THOUSANDS of reviewers from this very website that don't like MSC, one of the lowest reviewed cruise lines EVER!

I don't see any of the things you list as certain attractions for a whole group of cruisers listed in the complaints about MSC, most are much more basic than that, service and food are particularly lamented as being inferior, they seem to be mentioned constantly.

All you have to do is read the reviews, they are written by cruisers around the world.

It's really interesting to see all 5 or 6 of you try and deny the rankings, I'm sure it takes a certain type of passenger to enjoy such a unique cruise line that most don't care for.

Enjoy your cruises!

Most Carnival ships rated mid 4 stars, RCCL 4.8

MSC 2.9 to 3.7

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberpoll_all.cfm?rating=Overall

MSC is a solid 3 to 3.5 star line

wow, such a heated debate over vacation!

I guess I join the 4 or 5 of us that are loyal to MSC. I have been on most American lines and while I have enjoyed all of my cruises, I have a special place in my heart for the last two MSC cruises. I found for myself and my family that we love their product.

I know it's not for everyone but it works for us and we are so excited about our upcoming trip in about a week!!

As for people not liking them...our ship is sold out and so were the last two.

http://www.protravelnetwork.com/blog/msc-cruise-wants-you-to-golf/1152

"MSC Cruises would like to invite you to join Chuck Cooke, better known as the ”guru” of International Golfing. The fact that as many as four of his students have won the US Open and five of his students the NCAA is a clear testament to his skills. For more information on MSC Cruises Golf Theme Cruise Please visit http://www.msccruisesagent.com

MSC Sinfonia and your guests will spend 7-Beautiful days in the Mediterranean.

The MSC Sinfonia departs Livorno May 9, 2009, and calls on Monte Carlo, Spain, Tunisia, and Italy. Not only will your clients get the chance to visit 4 Distinct Countries, but they will also be able to practice their swing aboard the ship in designated and equipped areas, such as the

Golf Cage and the Golf and Mini Golf Simulator.

To close the trip, your guests will be able to participate in an exciting tournament to put their skills to the test."

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC/kids-sail-free.aspx

"You’ll also find lots of family activities onboard MSC Cruises, such as miniature golf, tennis and basketball."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3742

MSC Launches All-Inclusive Drinks Deals

Perhaps you need to think through what Zambini is saying, as MSC offers golf among other activities along with all inclusive drinks too.

It appears you all are so anxious to discredit the reviews, polls and Zambini you have lost sight of the facts and even your own posts.

There are always those who feel the need to spoil others enjoyment and take pleasure in whining about everything, I go MSC because they don't!

Oh they are on MSC alright, who do you think is giving all those bad reviews?

Reviews are in, read them and weep.

Msc consistently places near or at the bottom in all categories!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4513

Zambini, did you have a bad experience on an MSC ship? Have you even been on an MSC cruise? Just curious as to why you came to he MSC board to post and point out something negative.

I am sure there are boards for the lines you prefer.

Reviews are in, read them and weep.

Msc consistently places near or at the bottom in all categories!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4513

Zambini, did you have a bad experience on an MSC ship? Have you even been on an MSC cruise? Just curious as to why you came to he MSC board to post and point out something negative.

I am sure there are boards for the lines you prefer.

After 23 great cruises on a variety of other lines, DH and I are very much looking forward to our first MSC cruise in October. Although a number of reviews have been negative, I don't know anything about the people who wrote them. The opinions I trust are those of people I personally know who have sailed on MSC....and their impressions were favourable. In any case, DH and I will be at sea on a gorgeous ship, enjoying different dining and entertainment experiences, visiting interesting ports, and meeting new friends. I already know we're going to have a great time!:)

Kathy

Zambini, most of the reviews on Cruise Critic seem to be Critical of various things. Most of the Negative MSC reviews have to deal with not having Steak (or beef) at each meal, "Rude Officers", Language Problems, no comedians or hypnotists, Opera Singers for the Shows, etc.

I know that there will be language problems, that announcements will be made in several languages, and so on.

THOSE are the reasons that I choose to cruise on MSC.

I have cruised three times with them. On CC they did not even have a Roll Call for MSC till our third cruise. (Then there were only 5 people that were on the Roll Call) MSC is not a popular Cruise Line in the States because most people do not know what MSC really is like.

The negative reviews and comments from posters like you, do nothing constructive, whatsoever.

Zambini, most of the reviews on Cruise Critic seem to be Critical of various things. Most of the Negative MSC reviews have to deal with not having Steak (or beef) at each meal, "Rude Officers", Language Problems, no comedians or hypnotists, Opera Singers for the Shows, etc.

I know that there will be language problems, that announcements will be made in several languages, and so on.

THOSE are the reasons that I choose to cruise on MSC.

I have cruised three times with them. On CC they did not even have a Roll Call for MSC till our third cruise. (Then there were only 5 people that were on the Roll Call) MSC is not a popular Cruise Line in the States because most people do not know what MSC really is like.

The negative reviews and comments from posters like you, do nothing constructive, whatsoever.

So you cruise for bad beef, language problems and rude officers?

That indeed explains your attraction for MSC, might I assume you other defenders share his perversion?:p

The cruisers that do cruise MSC find out what it is like and come back and write negative reviews, they aren't just from the USA either.

Both positive and negative reviews are constructive, people need to be warned of what they are getting.

You guys keep trying anyway possible to discredit the reviews but the facts are many cruisers, myself included, read the reviews but cruised anyway and were "not so happy" with our MSC cruise.

It's our right to post our opinions, what I don't understand from you MSC cheerleaders is we post facts and never say you didn't or couldn't have the experience YOU had, but you guys try your hardest to tell us we couldn't possibly have the experiences we had!

I respect that you like all those things you listed, why can't you respect that I and a lot of others don't?

Shall I post:" The positive comments from people like you are not constructive whatsoever?"

The statements that opinions don't count for much regarding polls is so ridiculous, why are you posting yours if they don't matter?:p

Anyway, you guys are good for a laugh, crawling on the floor, grasping at straws, trying to discredit the reviews of the very website you religiously defend your opinions on!:D

What Zambini does best is twist words. I LOVE MSC it is our favorite cruise line for the most wonderful interaction between staff and cruisers, for the fabulous dancing on board, for the beautiful CLEAN ship, for the highest level of dancing and singing ever seen on any of our cruises ( 20 in total), for the European Flair and the languages spoken onboard.....cruising with MSC has been an experience like no other. The others are just cruise vacations, MSC remains a true sensory experience. The food is very good too. You just have to know what to get...the italian dishes are beyond fabulous... the lunch menu is wonderful with standouts being any veal dish, calamari and many others....their chicken wings at lunch are great. Their pizza is the best I have ever eaten. We have only had wonderful service. When it fell short, we asked for a different table in the dining room, which we were cheerfully given.

What I don't understand is that most CC members who took an MSC cruise and didn't like it post a review or comment on the forum saying why and listing their negative experiences. Then they move on to another cruise line and post on that forum. That's fine.

But for months now we have Zambini and one or two others that keep coming back on the forum to tell members not to book an MSC cruise because THEY didn't didn't like theirs and besides, all the reviews (except from the cheerleaders) show that MSC is a bad cruise line.?

I don't think anyone has a perfect cruise on any line - there's always some little thing that could be improved, but continually trying to convince everyone that the food is horrid and the service is lousy and no one speaks English, that's just a bucket full. I like it - you don't like it. Fine. You go your way and I'll go mine and I for one am satisfied with MSC cruises and I'll continue to go with them. As far as the reviews go, I discount the wonderful-marvelous-fantastic-awesome reviews just like I discount the purely negative ones. Anyone reading my CC reviews of my MSC (and Costa) cruises will note that if I've had some negative experiences on board I list them along with the positives.

What I don't understand is that most CC members who took an MSC cruise and didn't like it post a review or comment on the forum saying why and listing their negative experiences. Then they move on to another cruise line and post on that forum. That's fine.

But for months now we have Zambini and one or two others that keep coming back on the forum to tell members not to book an MSC cruise because THEY didn't didn't like theirs and besides, all the reviews (except from the cheerleaders) show that MSC is a bad cruise line.?

I don't think anyone has a perfect cruise on any line - there's always some little thing that could be improved, but continually trying to convince everyone that the food is horrid and the service is lousy and no one speaks English, that's just a bucket full. I like it - you don't like it. Fine. You go your way and I'll go mine and I for one am satisfied with MSC cruises and I'll continue to go with them. As far as the reviews go, I discount the wonderful-marvelous-fantastic-awesome reviews just like I discount the purely negative ones. Anyone reading my CC reviews of my MSC (and Costa) cruises will note that if I've had some negative experiences on board I list them along with the positives.

It's not me you have to convince, it's the thousands that have given MSC a bad review.

No where in this thread have I offered any opinion on food or service, just posted the reviews of others.

More intolerance of an opposing view point by a MSC cheerleader.

If you like it, fine, I and a lot of others don't and the reviews bear that out.

Archived