Carnival Triumph - First Time Cruise

cruisingbajan

After much ado my girlfriend and I have decided to cruise the Carnival Triumph on the Western Iteniary in April 2006. We have been planning this cruise for months and are very excited.

Now I need some insight from you cruise experts out there? ;) What can we expect on this ship? How is the food? How is the nightlife? Do the Cabins have fridges in them?

HELP!!!... I believe these are just the first of many questions :D

Thanks

Just back from the Triumph eastern. The food was great. The crew was always happy, we never ran in to anyone grumpy. There was no fridge in our room, a deck 10 balcony. Most of the shows were great. One of the comedians was pretty sad, but all of the other shows were worth seeing and the dancers are great. There are plenty of options as far as clubs and bars, so I'm sure you will find something to your liking; there is the dance club, piano bar, wine bar, cigar bar and many just plain bars. Our only disapointment was that the pool bars closed around 4:30 or 5:00 and since we had late seating, we like to hang around the pool after the early folk leave, so we had to search for a drink. Overall a great cruise.

Your room on the Triumph should have had a fridge. It's in a locked cabinet under the TV. You have to get the room steward to open it for you.

Am I wrong here? Someone can (and I'm sure will) jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

We are also just back from the Triumph eastern last month and there was no fridge in our cabin either!

If you have not yet booked your room study the deck plans carefully.

It is possible to get a room with a double lengh balcony for the same money as the others. Toward the rear there are several L shaped rooms due to an emergency stairwell location. Due to the shape of the room the balconies are twice the length of the others! We had one and it was great!

If you are not booking a balcony I would suggest that you reconsider.

This is one of the best ships to get one as it is by far the most affordable that there is. Our same cruise on any other line was nearly $300.00 per person more!

We got a balcony on Carnival for less than what an outside cost on RCL.

The ship is large and will take a little getting used to for getting around. I advise you to board as soon as you can by getting to the port BY 11AM.

The food was very good but portions were small in the dining room.

We just ordered 2 different dinners each night.

(yes, you can do that)

There is a lot going on most of the time on this ship! Plenty of places to spend a noisey or quiet evening as you please.

We enjoyed it very much and may do the same cruise over again!

We were on Truimph last June sailing the Eastern itinerary. We had a level 10 balcony, unfortunatley across from the pantry.:mad: The cabin steward would start work around 6AM....you could here plates and glasses clanging... Great location mid ship, 1 floor up to spa, 1 down to dinning and same level to pool. Nice location but for the pantry...

Can anyone tell me what the dining room dress codes are for each cruise day?

I have seen this question asked before and always thought, "who cares" BUT now that I am trying to pack light and tight, I am trying to coordinate outfits with sea/shore days. Can anyone help this organization freak,,,hehe..thanx

dtchem1: One of the comedians was pretty sad?

I love Comedians new and old, I like to know the name of this comedy that was Sad.

Can anyone tell me what the dining room dress codes are for each cruise day?

Everyday is Casual except for the 2 Formal Dinner nights, these are the 2 nights you dress to kill.

Fridge?: Only Suites have the Fridge and VCR's

Carnival Triumph was my Wife first ship, We both loved it... Would like to see her here in the West Coast.

This is great guys and gals, keep up the info for us that will be going soon. I'm scheduled on 04/23/05 on Triumph cat. 8C (balcony) and can't wait. For you folks that have been on give us details, include things to do in ports (E. Caribbean-San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten). I'm sure there are plenty of us that would love to hear some of your experiences...

If you like water, and you must because you are on a cruise, one of the most popular shore excursions in St Maarten is the Americas Cup Regatta.

It is a blast!

Pretty thilling racing around in an actual Americas Cup boat.

You can do as much or little as you want.

We had a great time and laughed a lot.

The crew make it really enjoyable.

(even when you lose)

Downtown St. Maarten has $1.00 beers also.

Good thing it's only a short walk back to the boat.

What a great place!

We are also newly booked on the Triumph for March 2006 so all of this information is wonderful!

We have only sailed on the Disney Wonder and they had a drink stand on the deck near the casual dining room. It had coffee, tea, iced tea, water, and I think lemonade and fruit punch. Does the Triumph have something similar?

Tks,

Sandy

Hi

I sail on the Triumph in June 05 to the Bahamas. Thanks for the wonderful insight about the ship and cruise staff. Can't wait for my time to arrive. We have 78 days to wait. Write a review when you can.:)

I mean write a review when you get back from your cruise--other cruisers would appreciate your viewpoint. I plan to write one when I get back in June.

Hi,

We were on the Triumph in November. Since this was our first cruise I have nothing to compare it to, but we loved it. We had a balcony and it was in a great location (7339) -- near the stairs and elevators, across from a laundry room (no one across from us) and it was very quiet.

We were in the Paris Dining Room and found the food to be outstanding. We found the portion size perfect and did get two on more than one occasion. The Pumpkin soup is a must. We went there one morning for breakfast and loved it. I wish I had done it more, but I loved room service for breakfast on the balcony. The hamburgers are the best and the Hong Kong noodle is also good. I found the pizza good, but not as good as I expected. Try the coffee/dessert bar on World's Way (you have to pay), it's good too. And if you can, do the galley tour, it's very interesting.

The shows were all very good. We did go to the art auction and found it boring, but there was free champagne.

Had no problems finding chairs. I am sure there were chair hogs around, but I just went up on the Panorama Deck and found some there -- it was a good location. Go to the Lobby deck and go outside -- that's a great place, very quiet. Also go to the "secret doors" on decks 6 & 7 -- another great spot.

The shops are interesting, but wait until the last day when stuff goes on sale. I'd also wait to choose photos near the end of the cruise, that way you pick the best.

If I think of more I add it later. You will love the Triumph.

MLAntigua...While in St.Thomas, you might want to consider doing the "Screamin Eagle Jet Boat" tour. This is a 70-ft, 20-passenger jet boat that will do high-speed turns and stops, soaking everyone on board. It's like a roller coaster on the water. The captain will also give you a narrated history of the harbor and St.Thomas itself.

While in St.Maarten, you might want to visit Orient Beach. This is one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever been to. However....it does come with "extra scenery", as one half of this beach is clothing optional! One end of the beach belongs to a nudist group that likes to wear their birthday suits versus bathing suits. It's very common to see people of all ages and all sizes walking past the bathers on the clothing-end of the beach, so be prepared. But it is one of the best beaches in the world.

Have a great cruise!

Bill

Just back from the Triumph eastern. The food was great. The crew was always happy, we never ran in to anyone grumpy. There was no fridge in our room, a deck 10 balcony. Most of the shows were great. One of the comedians was pretty sad, but all of the other shows were worth seeing and the dancers are great. There are plenty of options as far as clubs and bars, so I'm sure you will find something to your liking; there is the dance club, piano bar, wine bar, cigar bar and many just plain bars. Our only disapointment was that the pool bars closed around 4:30 or 5:00 and since we had late seating, we like to hang around the pool after the early folk leave, so we had to search for a drink. Overall a great cruise.

I have an 8c on the verandah deck, do the showers have a shampoo/liquid soap dispenser in them? How about an ammenity basket? I went on the fantasy and it had both. :)

Thx,

mlantigua

MLAntigua...While in St.Thomas, you might want to consider doing the "Screamin Eagle Jet Boat" tour. This is a 70-ft, 20-passenger jet boat that will do high-speed turns and stops, soaking everyone on board. It's like a roller coaster on the water. The captain will also give you a narrated history of the harbor and St.Thomas itself.

While in St.Maarten, you might want to visit Orient Beach. This is one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever been to. However....it does come with "extra scenery", as one half of this beach is clothing optional! One end of the beach belongs to a nudist group that likes to wear their birthday suits versus bathing suits. It's very common to see people of all ages and all sizes walking past the bathers on the clothing-end of the beach, so be prepared. But it is one of the best beaches in the world.

Have a great cruise!

Bill

Thx, we live in Orlando, FL and have taken something similiar to the speed boat thing out of Clearwater (pier #61). I have 3 little one and I don't want to expose them to the possibility of questionable attire (I don't want to have that speech with them just yet). Any other suggestions? I was also curious, do you know if the Triumph has the shampoo/liquid dispensers in the shower (cabin #8240) and do they have an ammenity basket? Thanx and let me know if you know...

Archived