Concierge Class Rooms

ladyjane550

Are the CC Rooms on the Eclipse any larger than a regular lower class balcony room? I have booked one on the hump for our next cruise. It was only $60.00 more for the both of us.

The interior of the rooms on the S-class ships are the same size for CC as they are for regular balcony cabins.

If you booked a balcony cabin on the angled part of the hump, your balcony will be larger. If you're just on the hump itself, it's no larger.

Jo-Ann

For the rate you paid, it is a nice location and if you are collecting points in the Captain's Club, very worth it. The "perks" of going with concierge class are not worth a whole lot of money in my eyes. There are plenty of threads here re the pros and cons of going with CC.

PS: Two notes re the CC "perks" that we discovered the first time......the champagne they leave in your room is pretty darn bad...unless mixing with your o.j. in the morning. ;) If you are a wine drinker, have your steward exchange it towards wine with dinner :)

If you are doing a hot weather cruise, ask for the cotton waffle weave robes, rather than the "heavier style" given with c class. We found those too hot while having coffee on the balcony in the morning when the temps are "Caribbean". Or having cocktails after a shower. They are a plus on Alaskan or fall itineraries tho.

For the rate you paid, it is a nice location and if you are collecting points in the Captain's Club, very worth it. The "perks" of going with concierge class are not worth a whole lot of money in my eyes. There are plenty of threads here re the pros and cons of going with CC.

PS: Two notes re the CC "perks" that we discovered the first time......the champagne they leave in your room is pretty darn bad...unless mixing with your o.j. in the morning. ;) If you are a wine drinker, have your steward exchange it towards wine with dinner :)

If you are doing a hot weather cruise, ask for the cotton waffle weave robes, rather than the "heavier style" given with c class. We found those too hot while having coffee on the balcony in the morning when the temps are "Caribbean". Or having cocktails after a shower. They are a plus on Alaskan or fall itineraries tho.

Wow two excellent tips!!! Thanks. Always go CC class but never thought about exchanging that horrible champagne ! Donna

We almost always book a CC cabin or a suite and we've always been turned down when asked if we could exchange the champagne for a bottle of wine. We're not picky about the wine, but our cabin attendants/butlers have always said that it's not possible to exchange the champagne for wine. So we order some o.j. and make mimosas.

Jo-Ann

We almost always book a CC cabin or a suite and we've always been turned down when asked if we could exchange the champagne for a bottle of wine. We're not picky about the wine, but our cabin attendants/butlers have always said that it's not possible to exchange the champagne for wine. So we order some o.j. and make mimosas.

Jo-Ann

I think if you give your cabin attendant/butler $5-$10, it will both help the service you receive during your trip...and mysteriously, they will figure out how to do the exchange.

I'm not suggesting that you try this, but on one cruise, I gave the butler $20 and not only did we get a bottle of wine, for the rest of the cruise, whenever the wine bottle was empty, it was mysteriously replaced with a full one.

You obviously cannot ask for a bottle of wine that runs $50. When we asked for replacement, we just requested a bottle of white wine in its place. We got a bottle that wasn't bad and was pretty much a "house wine". It WAS much better than the "champagne" tho. ;)

You obviously cannot ask for a bottle of wine that runs $50. When we asked for replacement, we just requested a bottle of white wine in its place. We got a bottle that wasn't bad and was pretty much a "house wine". It WAS much better than the "champagne" tho. ;)

First of all, we always give our cabin attendant or butler a tip upfront the first day of the cruise. We don't expect anything extra for that upfront tip...I just feel these people work very hard and I hate for them to have to wait until the end of the cruise for a little extra gratuity.

We've never been specific or asked for a pricey bottle of wine. We're just not champagne drinkers and we do enjoy wine. I don't care if it's white or red, we'd accept anything. But every time we've asked, we've been told (politely) that it's not possible.

We're very low maintenance cruisers. We always leave our room neat and tidy. I draw the line at making my own bed, but our cabin attendants have it pretty easy when it comes to taking care of our needs.

It sure would be nice to be able to get a bottle of wine instead of champagne, but certainly not a dealbreaker. We love "X" and if the staff can't do a switcheroo, that's okay by us.

Jo-Ann

If the sparkling wine they give you is on the MDR wine list, your dining room sommelier will usually be able to take the bottle in exchange for a credit on the purchase of a different wine from the list.

Archived