Upsell Fairy Alive & Well

monteman

I am VERY happy to report that the upsell fairy is indeed out there, waving her wand and making some people extremely happy.

DH and I were booked in an SF Penthouse suite for the June 18th Jewel sailing to the Bahamas. This morning, I received the call! All those crossed toes, fingers, eyelashes, etc paid off. We were offered an Owner's Suite for an unbelievable (to me) price and I snapped it up. To give you an idea as to the price ... she took 50% off the current price (which is the lowest I have ever seen for an OS) and deducted what we had paid 11 months ago for our SF. We had used a $1000 cruise credit to pay for the SF, making it an even better deal.

A friend of mine on the June 19th Gem Bermuda sailing heard from the Upsell Fairy yesterday and was told by the woman that the reassignment department had recently gotten word of the new (or latest?) rules: they do not accept calls. They will do the calling. And they take the list of Latitude members on the sailing and start from the top (highest level), working down. He did not say this, but I believe they also take into account the cabin level/location along with the Latitudes level--that only makes sense. I mean they aren't going to offer an OS to someone with an inside cabin.

When I told the fairy she had made my day, she said "Well, you're a loyal customer. You're Gold, right?" So that pretty much backs up what my friend was told.

We are extremely excited and looking SO forward to being totally spoiled. I had ordered a bar set-up, but because we get 3 bottles of liquor with the OS, I asked my PCC if I could cancel my previous order. She said no problem and did so for me.

It's all good. And I am happy to tell you, the dream is still alive for all you out there! Yippee!!

Yay for you! We have an SF booked on the Pearl and are hoping for the upsell call.

On Pearl there are two categories they are calling the owners suite, the one on deck 15 with one balcony with the hot tub (private) and the ones on deck 9 and 10 (I think) that have the front balcony and the side balcony. Which one did you get? Not sure if Jewell is the same.

Yay for you! We have an SF booked on the Pearl and are hoping for the upsell call.

On Pearl there are two categories they are calling the owners suite, the one on deck 15 with one balcony with the hot tub (private) and the ones on deck 9 and 10 (I think) that have the front balcony and the side balcony. Which one did you get? Not sure if Jewell is the same.

Yes, you are talking about the Owners Suites (two balconies, no hot tub) and the Deluxe Owners Suites (hot tub, one balcony). The Jewel only has the Owners Suites--that's what we got. I have always dreamed of getting a Deluxe OS! Good luck--you just never know. That's the frustration of it, but also the excitement! I hope you get THE call!

We had the upgrade fairy call us a couple weeks ago, and we ended up in a beautiful villa suite!

First NCL cruise, so not a latitude member...got very lucky, I guess! :D

You were lucky! Congrats! This new policy is literally as of the last couple days, according to the woman at the upsell desk. They just got the e-mail from headquarters.

Maybe the fairy will call us when the time comes for our Star sailing. Enjoy being spoiled.

I wonder if some folks get those calls regularly? I have seen people on here that have sailed with NCL lots and lots.

You were lucky! Congrats! This new policy is literally as of the last couple days, according to the woman at the upsell desk. They just got the e-mail from headquarters.

Very cool indeed if that is new way of upselling. I hope you have a great cruise on the Jewel and enjoy everything that comes with the suite!

I wonder if some folks get those calls regularly? I have seen people on here that have sailed with NCL lots and lots.

I have sailed lots and lots with NCL and always joke the upsell fairy must not have my area code in her little black book! Either that or they HAVE called me and Mr. coka answered no she is not home, she is never home, she's always with you!

coka:D

I am sailing on the Dawn next week and wish they would call me. What does the caller Id say on the phone? Does it say NCL? I had a call when I was out today that I did not reconize the number i hope I did not miss them .

A friend of mine on the June 19th Gem Bermuda sailing heard from the Upsell Fairy yesterday and was told by the woman that the reassignment department had recently gotten word of the new (or latest?) rules: they do not accept calls. They will do the calling. And they take the list of Latitude members on the sailing and start from the top (highest level), working down. He did not say this, but I believe they also take into account the cabin level/location along with the Latitudes level--that only makes sense. I mean they aren't going to offer an OS to someone with an inside cabin.

Just speculation on my part, but I wonder if this has to do with complaints/concerns I've seen raised that the Latitudes program doesn't have really attractive perks?!?

The problem with NCL is you can talk to 5 different reps and get 5 different answers. I don't believe anything they tell me until it is writing.

Like you Monteman, I got the upsell call yesterday. We are in an SF and were offered an Owners Suite. Regrettably we had to say no, since whether we will make the trip or not is still up in the air.

If we do get to go, will you let me come and drool over your suite for a bit and shed a few tears for what might have been?

We'll miss you aft.

I am sailing on the Dawn next week and wish they would call me. What does the caller Id say on the phone? Does it say NCL? I had a call when I was out today that I did not reconize the number i hope I did not miss them .

it was an 800 number. 800-625-4309.

Like you Monteman, I got the upsell call yesterday. We are in an SF and were offered an Owners Suite. Regrettably we had to say no, since whether we will make the trip or not is still up in the air.

If we do get to go, will you let me come and drool over your suite for a bit and shed a few tears for what might have been?

We'll miss you aft.

Of course!

[quote name=coka;29393677

I have sailed lots and lots with NCL and always joke the upsell fairy must not have my area code in her little black book! Either that or they HAVE called me and Mr. coka answered no she is not home' date=' she is never home, she's always with you!

coka:D[/quote]

I just think the upsell fairy doesn't love me:mad: 10 NCL cruises and she still hasn't called.

I just think the upsell fairy doesn't love me:mad: 10 NCL cruises and she still hasn't called.

What kind of cabin do you normally book? Its also possible your ships have been sold out or there's only been one or two top level suites left to fill. That would lower your chances. Here's hoping you get that elusive upsell someday!

What kind of cabin do you normally book? Its also possible your ships have been sold out or there's only been one or two top level suites left to fill. That would lower your chances. Here's hoping you get that elusive upsell someday!

I usually book a suite. This time I'm in the owner's suite and I also have an oceanview. There is still a Garden Villa available and I don't have my hopes up.

Smellytoes....i hope you get the garden villa!! But if you do can we have a party with you? lol ok no lol I am serious : )

Oh you WILL have a party with me:D But you can have a party with me anyway even if we have to tough it out in the Owners suite.lol

I also heard about the use of the Latitudes levels in their selection process very recently. I say, it is about time.

I also heard a rumor that CAS bookings might be considered also. Fingers crossed.

Good decision.

PE

Archived