Cruise price drops?

Csnorrco

New to cruising----This may not be the correct forum--but I keep reading posts about how someone's cruise price has dropped. How can I find this out? I booked online---and when I go back to the Carnival website, it shows that our type of cabin (Oceanview) is sold out, so they don't list prices. I'm assuming this means that our price is locked, since all of these rooms are already sold? Is there any chance of our prices going down at this point? Thank you for your help.

New to cruising----This may not be the correct forum--but I keep reading posts about how someone's cruise price has dropped. How can I find this out? I booked online---and when I go back to the Carnival website, it shows that our type of cabin (Oceanview) is sold out, so they don't list prices. I'm assuming this means that our price is locked, since all of these rooms are already sold? Is there any chance of our prices going down at this point? Thank you for your help.

did you book early saver rates? If not once past final payment date you can't get price reductions.

Also if there are no more cabins available your chances are slim.

If a category above yours goes down in price you may ask to be upgraded and you pay the difference unless it goes lower that what you originally paid then you can upgrade for free.

Bill

I am new to crusing as well. I have had my cabin drop in price twice in the past 3 weeks. We have gotten $200 taken of the price of our cruise. We haven't paid in full yet. I just keep going on to the Carnival web site and looking at the prices for my category, then fill out the on-line form.

Take care,

Garion33

As the cruise approaches it often happens that TAs who have snagged a block of cabins and are not able to sell them will turn them back to Carnival. In those instances there may be some significant price drops.

Of course, if you did not book Early Saver it makes no difference at all...

:)

So...you are saying that you have to book Early Saver ...and not pay in full...to get any price drops. Is this correct? Good to know for future bookings, I guess...

you can get price drops up until 2 days before sailing if you book early saver. You can get price drops with all the other rates up until final payment is due.

Bill

you can get price drops up until 2 days before sailing if you book early saver. You can get price drops with all the other rates up until final payment is due.

Bill

How do you do this with other rates other than early saver. The only form I could find online; which was difficult, was for early saver only. I booked past quest and the price has dropped. Please help

How do you do this with other rates other than early saver. The only form I could find online; which was difficult, was for early saver only. I booked past quest and the price has dropped. Please help

if you havent paid your final payment yet just call whomever you booked with and tell them you saw the price has dropped for your category and you'd like the price adjusted.

Since you can still cancel without penalties if its before final payment you should have no problem getting the adjusted pricing.

If you are booked with a travel agent they might charge a fee to adjust your price.

There is no form for past guest to get price adjustments.

Bill

if you havent paid your final payment yet just call whomever you booked with and tell them you saw the price has dropped for your category and you'd like the price adjusted.

Since you can still cancel without penalties if its before final payment you should have no problem getting the adjusted pricing.

If you are booked with a travel agent they might charge a fee to adjust your price.

There is no form for past guest to get price adjustments.

Bill

Thank you so much. Just got off the phone with my carnival PVP and they adjusted my final price. Great feeling to get money back. Will continue to chech prices daily for further reductions

So----because I paid in full....I can't get any kind of price reduction? That doesn't seem quite fair! Guess next time I won't be so responsible...and will book and NOT pay! Does it seem really strange to anyone else that you should be punished for paying up front? And that those who do NOT pay upfront get rewarded for delaying payment?? just sayin'.... Next time I won't pay until I have to.....somehow that just doesn't seem right......

I paid in full up front and was early saver. When my last cruise went down in price, I got an Upgrade and OBC. I think the only thing is that you have to book early saver and the price has to drop. You can chose to apply it towards your final payment, chose an upgrade or an OBC.

So----because I paid in full....I can't get any kind of price reduction? That doesn't seem quite fair! Guess next time I won't be so responsible...and will book and NOT pay! Does it seem really strange to anyone else that you should be punished for paying up front? And that those who do NOT pay upfront get rewarded for delaying payment?? just sayin'.... Next time I won't pay until I have to.....somehow that just doesn't seem right......

It sounds like to me you have confused paying early with Carnival's final payment date.

Carnival's date is all that matters, if before that DATE, all rates get price drops. After this date, only ES gets price drops.

If you paid in full but its before final payment date, even none ES can get price drops.

This subject can get confusing but the bottom line is.... Book Early Saver for the very best deals. I have saved so much money by booking early and then watching the prices (almost) daily! We have 3 cruises on the books and I have on-board credits on some and on another I have recieved a price reduction (before my final payment was made) and then an upgrade to a Balcony to boot! Still watching.... you never know what you might find!:)

You had to pay your final payment by a certain due date or take the chance of being cancelled.

Early saver rates come with high penalties---no changing the names, no down grading, no cancellations.

as others have said you were not being punished. You could have gotten price adjustments up until the final payment time for your cruise.

If you wanted to get price adjustments up until 2 days before your cruise you needed to book with the early saver rates which come with restrictions.

You have to weigh which one is best for your situation when you book.

Bill

Thanks everyone! I was confused about Carnival's final payment date...and me paying in full. Thanks for clarifying it! You guys are great! Don't know how I would figure out all of this stuff on my own!

Archived