Under 2 on NCL

Megnolia

From the NCL board, it looks like there may be times offered for parents to play with their under-twos in the kids area. Does anyone here have any more info on it? There was some disagreement over on those boards about it. I don't care when it's offered, but it will be nice to know that we will have a chance at some point to take the lo into the play room to interact with some other kids and try out some different toys than the ones we bring from home!

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah, I have read that page on NCL, which is why I was surprised to read on the NCL board about the under two playtime. Just hoping someone here had sailed recently and could clarify!

I guess we'll just wait and see if it's offered on our cruise, but go under the assumption that it won't be.

I sailed 3 times with NCL when DD was under 2. The only thing they offer is the "under 2 zoo" and it is PATHETIC. It is a conference room with a few broken toys and they sometimes had some play tents set up. It was truely worse than nothing. There is no staff there but parents can go with the little ones and play with them. The hours it is available will be posted in the daily schedules. The Jewel and Epic now have Nickelodeon family events on all cruises. DD liked to see Dora/Diego. They had a few family activities including pizza making and a lego party which parents could attend with kids of any age.

All in all, NCL doesn't have a lot of options for kids under 2 so be prepared to be with them and entertain them. As stated above, the Kids club was "parent free zone" at all times except for the tour on the first day. We still had a ton of fun and I enjoy cruising with DD. We like NCL too but our recent cruise on DCL had a lot more options for activities for young kids and child care.

Thank you lolakat! The "under 2 zoo" is what I read about on the NCL board, but it wasn't clear what it was. Sounds like a bust.

It's no problem really, since we booked with the expectation that there was nothing for a 1 year old, and we're prepared to entertain her ourselves 24 hours a day.

I read a post about the Pearl the other day and they uploaded pictures of their Under 2 Zoo time and they were in a play room with mats and toys, it looked great. I was really hoping to have some time there. In the dailies that she posted it was about an hour and a half in the morning around 9am. I'll have to see if I can find where I saw this.

I read a post about the Pearl the other day and they uploaded pictures of their Under 2 Zoo time and they were in a play room with mats and toys, it looked great. I was really hoping to have some time there. In the dailies that she posted it was about an hour and a half in the morning around 9am. I'll have to see if I can find where I saw this.

I've been to the "Under 2 Zoo" on the Pearl, Dawn, Gem and Jewel over the last few years. It was never a dedicated room, always in a conference room. They did have some tents and mats set up. The Jewel's last year was the worst. It had a fire truck tent, a bus tent, about 4 leap pad learners but only 2 worked. There were some other small plastic toys but really it was very little. Sort of what you would expect in a doctor's office waiting room. Maybe they've beefed it up on the Peal or maybe even fleet wide since last year.

Archived