Formal night on Enchantment of the Seas - 6/11/10

This is our first time sailing with RCI. When my wife and I cruised on Carnival, I wore a suit on formal night and felt extremely overdressed. The majority of the people weren't even in dress clothes. How strict is RCI when it comes to formal night and the dress code? Will a dress shirt and tie suffice? I'd really hate to pack a suit if I can get away with it.

but we were on in April and frankly some of the attire on formal night was a joke. We saw shorts, tee shirts, jeans, baseball hats, and cowboy hats. I always bring a sport coat and tie and wear that with a pair of kahki pants. Yes there were some more dressed but I found that attire perfectly fine. Even a golf shirt with a sport coat would have been better than how some were dressed. There was no enforcement that we saw at all.

Oh I agree with you. On casual nights, I can understand not being super dressed up...but at least TRY to look dressy on formal night. I always try to dress like I would for a job interview when I have to dress up. Since you said that people were wearing all sorts of things...even though the website says no shorts at dinner, do the majority of the people still wear them? I was thinking of wearing a collared shirt and khaki/dress shorts at night.

Archived