Quebec City, Longchamps

Hi,

Does anyone here know if there is still a store that sells Longchamps handbags in Quebec City at 74, Rue Saint Louis?

If so, is that in Old City.... can you help with directions? I haven't checked a map yet but I will.

Thanks.

Sail, that is in the Old City (Upper Town to be exact) - Saint-Louis starts at the Château Frontenac, becoming Grande-Allée after passing thru the Saint-Louis Gate in the old city walls (if you follow the street long enough, it will actually lead you eventually to the airport). Just checked, and Bagages de France is listed for that address (http://www.bagagesdefrance.com/), so that's probably the shop you're thinking of.

It's pretty easy to get to from the port, if you don't mind walking a bit. either head up the street that faces the entrance to the parking lot beside Dock 22 (not the parking lot in front of the terminal building, but the one facing the Musée de la civilisation), or take the funicular up if you want to save your legs. Basically, you want to get yourself to beside the Château, then just head down the road beside that leads out of the old city - if you pass Aux Anciens Canadiens (http://www.auxancienscanadiens.qc.ca/home.php), you know you're going the right way. It should be on your right I believe.

Google directions: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=74,+Rue+Saint+Louis+Qu%C3%A9bec&hl=en&geocode=FexaygIdFpHB-w%3BFTFGygIdE2_B-ykVImD825W4TDEslJwoC_hKJA&mra=ltm&dirflg=w&sll=46.813013,-71.204259&sspn=0.005294,0.013937&ie=UTF8&ll=46.8128,-71.204259&spn=0.005294,0.013937&z=17. I think they have you go up a staircase at one point (there are a couple you can take, and actually going via rue Petit-Champlain would be another neat way of going).

Thank you so much. We come to Quebec City every summer on Maasdam but this is the first I have heard of this store.

Your directions are wonderful and greatly appreciated. :)

I just printed out your message and it will be in my purse...... so I can shop for a Longchamps purse when we visit Quebec City this summer.

Thank you again.

Archived