Post Cruise On Board Charge BILL???

Suzanne2

Has anyone ever received a post cruise bill for your on board charges from Princess?? We were assured when we disembarked after two back to back cruises that our ship board account was final and paid in full.

Then 4 months later we received an unpaid bill for $1500 from Princess. This has never happened to me before. If there was an unpaid amount due why did they tell us we were paid in full on the last day, and why wouldn't they just put the $1500 on the credit card registered for the cruise?

Of course we don't have any of our documentation from the back to back cruises 4 months later, so what would you do?

Check your credit card bills from the time of your cruise. You do save them don't you? Be sure that you have an itemized bill from Princess and compare. Did you actually spend more than they originally billed you for? If so, pay the bill. If not, then dispute the bill and show a copy of your credit card statement with the amount paid marked. If you don't own them money you should be able to straighten things out. In this day and age there is always a paper trail somewhere. Oh, and next cruise, save all the paperwork for a while. You might need it again.

Judy

$1500 is a lot of money! You must have some idea of what you spent..and what was or was not charged??? If you were missing $1500 of charges at your final bill --- I bet you realized it! I always ask for a print out of my bill a few times during the cruise (especially b2b) that way I have no unexpected charges or items incorrectly charged that I have to correct on the final bill!

If (Post) charges are incorrect - I would ask for an itemized billing from Princess and dispute - I'm sure they will correct the error! If this is 4 months after the cruise - I would thnk the burden of proof is on Princess - not on you to disprove! Good Luck!

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

Archived