Where are the upper bunks ?

geocruiser

Hi,

I would like to know if all balcony cabins on Emerald Princess.The ones that have a third or fourth bed in the cabin, I would like to know where they are. Do the third and fourth beds pull down from the ceiling? Or do they pull out from the wall. I was in a lido bacony two years ago on Ruby and it did not have the extra bunks.

Thanks,

Maria

Gosh, I thought the cabins that had room for a 3rd or 4th person were ocean view, not balcony. But on the Princess ships that I have been on, they came down from the ceiling and were all ocean view. I have not yet been on the Emerald.

Gosh, I thought the cabins that had room for a 3rd or 4th person were ocean view, not balcony. But on the Princess ships that I have been on, they came down from the ceiling and were all ocean view. I have not yet been on the Emerald.
Not sure which ships you have been on but on the Grand Class ships, the inside and OV rooms with uppers all have them wall mounted. The balcony and up rooms have them inside the ceiling.

Thanks for the info. When I called Princess this AM I was told the bunks are on the wall. I thought he was wrong. The other day we booked an OV cabin . The price dropped a lot to day so I went up to a BE. I thought of taking a GtY but I did not want to get a cabin above the show room, or near the Bow.

I picked what I wanted and hope they don't move me (even though my TA marks no up grade). We got move last year and had checked no up grade. The people in our cabin decided to stay for the next cruise (ours) and wanted to stay in our cabin. So we were moved. (That's another story)

Maria

Maria,

Getting moved from your cabin last time was one of those rare occurrences that will likely never happen again to you. But I understand your fears given your experience. As long as your TA marked your cabin this time around too, you should be just fine. ;)

Archived