liberty of the seas

Ntwin

Help! Two will be traveling on Liberty and have a choice of cabin 7408 or 1400 both aft cabins. One is directly under Windjammer cafe and wondering about noice and privacy. The other is a smaller cabin with the porthole type deck, unsure which would be our best choice. Thanks.

Aft cabins have much larger than normal balconies.... no noise issues because of the WJ...however no balcony is completely private....neighbors can (and probably will) peek around the divider at some point...just to see if the "grass is greener", so to speak, on the other side!

Your choices are extremes.....either a decent sized cabin with a balcony, or an OV room with a porthole...natural light, but very little space!

I'd prefer a balcony to none!

Aft cabins have much larger than normal balconies.... no noise issues because of the WJ...however no balcony is completely private....neighbors can (and probably will) peek around the divider at some point...just to see if the "grass is greener", so to speak, on the other side!

Your choices are extremes.....either a decent sized cabin with a balcony, or an OV room with a porthole...natural light, but very little space!

I'd prefer a balcony to none!

We sail on the Liberty in November in Cabin 7408. If you check cruise critic, this cabin is regular in size, but the balcony is enormous! The round looking "porthole" is actually on the starboard side of the ship. There is not a lot of sun as the balcony is completely covered But the actual balcony is facing the aft. In the pictures that I have seen, the balcony will fit two loungers, a small table and three chairs, plus the table that is in the cabin by the sofa, and have room to spare. Cabin 1400 also has a large balcony as well, but it also has a larger cabin. There are many pictures of this cabin as well.

Either room would be good.

Help! Two will be traveling on Liberty and have a choice of cabin 7408 or 1400 both aft cabins. One is directly under Windjammer cafe and wondering about noice and privacy. The other is a smaller cabin with the porthole type deck, unsure which would be our best choice. Thanks.

I prefer 1400!!!! It has a much larger cabin (almost the size of a Junior Suite) and still has a very large balcony with a great view. We had no problem with noise from the Windjammer above. Privacy is as good as any balcony. If you stand right at the rail, you can be seen. Otherwise, it is very private. Of course, 1400 is a more expensive category than 7408, so that might factor into your decision. It is the best bang for the buck in my opinion though.

7408 has a small cabin (in my opinion) but does indeed have a HUGE balcony. Noise and privacy are not an issue. You do have the superstructure on the back of the ship to contend with, but most folks forget it is even there, since you have the huge balcony and the great view through that huge porthole on the side of the balcony.

Be aware that with BOTH of these cabins, they are designated as "triple" cabins, so if you are booking them with only 2 passengers, RCCL can decide to move you out of these cabins if they need them for a family of 3. I just had this happen to me last week! They are both great choices though and worth the risk!

Here are some photos...

Here is 1400...

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

Here is 7408...

2215393610098096222S500x500Q85.jpg

2868741980104579871S600x600Q85.jpg

2445108940046356061S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for checking in, Bonnie. I tried for the likes of me to refer her to your blogs, couldn't think of your CC name (I think it is called "having a senior moment).

Chris

Senior "moment"? I've been known to have an entire senior "week"! ;)

• 7 months later...

Bonnie,

We have 7408 and 7410 on Liberty

do you know if the balcony divider can be opened? thanks!

7408 has a small cabin (in my opinion) but does indeed have a HUGE balcony. Noise and privacy are not an issue. You do have the superstructure on the back of the ship to contend with, but most folks forget it is even there, since you have the huge balcony and the great view through that huge porthole on the side of the balcony.

Here is 7408...

2215393610098096222S500x500Q85.jpg

2868741980104579871S600x600Q85.jpg

2445108940046356061S600x600Q85.jpg

The balcony pictures that have been shown for 7408 are old....they no longer allow all of the chairs.....we were only permitted to have 2 chairs, not loungers, on this balcony.....what a waste of space.:(

Oh wow, really?

There should be at least 3 chairs since this cabin is a triple and the balcony has space for 3.

Loungers would be nice also.

Have you sailed in this cabin recently? I would love to see your pics.

We have 7408 on Liberty in a few weeks.

Thanks Bonnie, for replying about the divider. Bummer... it would have been awesome to have it opened. My parents are in 7410

I will have my husband post a few pics for you....we had this cabin on November 26th of this year.....I have been back and forth with the cruise line....they say that because of safety issues, only 2 chairs are allowed on this balcony....we even had 3 people in the cabin.....its a rule"no more than 2 chairs allowed on the balcony." :(

• 1 year later...

I've never heard of being bumped out of a cabin that you booked and paid for....for what ever reason.....what cruise did this happen on....I'm going to research this...since I have 1400 booked with just the two of us....and am VERY CABIN Specific....and since I own a Travel Agency would love to know why they would BUMP someone out of something that they had paid for!!!! No matter how many people were in the cabin....

I've never heard of being bumped out of a cabin that you booked and paid for....for what ever reason.....what cruise did this happen on....I'm going to research this...since I have 1400 booked with just the two of us....and am VERY CABIN Specific....and since I own a Travel Agency would love to know why they would BUMP someone out of something that they had paid for!!!! No matter how many people were in the cabin....

It happened to me on Explorer of the Seas a few years back. I too am VERY cabin specific! I book years in advance to make sure I get the cabin I want! I was booked in cabin 7688 with only two passengers (7688, which is category E, is a triple). When I went online, just weeks prior to the cruise date, to print out my boarding documents I noticed I had a new cabin #. I was furious and called RCCL but there was nothing they could (or would) do. In their mind, they had "upgraded" us to a category D balcony on the side of the ship, which was a double occupancy cabin. In my mind it was in NO WAY an upgrade! But, they wouldn't budge. They had given cabin 7688 to a party of 3. We enjoyed the cruise despite the snafu, but it certainly left a bad impression on me! :mad: I have read of this happening to others as well, so unfortunately RCCL does indeed bump people out of cabins to suit their own needs. :cool: I guess they can do whatever they want....it IS their ship! ;)

WOW.....that is VERY VERY Disturbing....I like you book my cruises at least 18 months in advance....and as the owner of a Travel Agency WOULD NOT be very happy if I had booked a cabin and be moved to another cabin with no notice....I usually only travel in a JR SUITE...and was on LIBERTY of the SEAS solo last week....AFT 7712 The ship was sold out....so I'm guessing that I got lucky they did not do that to me....but then again there may be different criteria for JR SUITES vs. lower categories....I am for sure going to bring this to the attention of my BDM with Royal Caribbean to find out the factoring...since from now on I will ONLY be sailing in an AFT JR SUITE on the FREEDOM Class ships....there is just no other way to sail in my opinion. lol Please keep in touch...and I will let you know the outcome!!! Happy New Year....299 days till I'm on the ONE TIME ONLY 5-Night OASIS Cruise!!!

• 4 weeks later...