Religious services on Celebrity

Conniepo

QUOTE "We have been on Celebrity many times and over major Christian holidays when no minister or priest was onboard."

Guess Celebrity decided the revenue from a sold cabin was more important.

Years ago, my husband and I were at a function at Mount St. Mary's University in Emmittsburg, MD and were seated at a table with some retired priests. During my conversation with the priest sitting next to me, I asked him what he did in his retirement and he responded "I take Celebrity cruises and say daily Mass". He was one of their many full time Chaplains. We spent the remainder of the time discussing all the same places we've been on a Celebrity cruise.

We have been on Celebrity many times and over major Christian holidays when no minister or priest was onboard. However, there were always Friday night services for Jewish passengers but I don’t know if a rabbi is always on board. We have been in the main dining room when a rabbi was conducting services at a large table.

The Friday Night service is usually organized by a passenger. A Rabbi is on board when there is a significant Jewish Holiday, like Passover and The Jewish New Year. On a recent cruise so Jewish passengers organized a trip to a local Synagogue for Friday Night Services. I know some Catholic passengers who organized a group to celebrate Mass at a local Church.