Decisions, decisions... Conquest vs Magic

prattmom

OK, so I am looking to book a Thanksgiving cruise 2012. The Magic offers the Roatan/Belize/Cozumel itinerary while the Conquest offers the Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel itinerary for that week.

Thoughts?

No Serenity deck will likely be a deal-breaker, but the Conquest goes into dry dock the month before, so I'm hoping for good news on that front. The other issue is I live about half an hour from Galveston. but don't really mind spending an extra day in New Orleans...

Leaning towards Conquest because I like the itinerary better...

I really dont expect any changes to conquest that radical during dry dock. If thats a deal breaker, I wouldnt be booking it now wishing it might happen, when I havent seen a word about changes for conquest happening.

have you already done conquest?? Im sure you know there is a adults only pool that most people are satisfied with. Expecting Carnival to move to a serenity area when it has a adult pool doesnt seem likely. Have you looked to see how long in dry dock?

The only thing is like Fire said, if they don't end up making a serenity area on the Conquest, then you could be really dissapointed, but if you really like that iten. more, then you might want to go with it. Decisions, decisions, LOL!

I will likely wait to book until after we've tried out the Magic. We've sailed Conquest before. I'm just trying too see if there's anything else that might make me pick Conquest over Magic...

I will likely wait to book until after we've tried out the Magic. We've sailed Conquest before. I'm just trying too see if there's anything else that might make me pick Conquest over Magic...

How much is the price difference?? Im guessing Conquest is a lot less for you to be considering driving to New Orleans.

Most of the cruises where Iv gone to Belize, it also went to my favorite port Roatan. Im not that keen so far on Belize to be honest. Unless you dive its worse than Jamaica to me for pushy people.

How much is the price difference?? Im guessing Conquest is a lot less for you to be considering driving to New Orleans.

Most of the cruises where Iv gone to Belize, it also went to my favorite port Roatan. Im not that keen so far on Belize to be honest. Unless you dive its worse than Jamaica to me for pushy people.

Right again ;) Belize is a mad house and a trash bin.

Do excursions in Belize or stay on the ship !!!

Jamaica will make a you crazy !!

Right again ;) Belize is a mad house and a trash bin.

Do excursions in Belize or stay on the ship !!!

Jamaica will make a you crazy !!

Iv walked into town twice when we docked in Montego Bay... no problems.

Belize last time, some said they went out of the port area to a staw market across the street. I must not have been in the right mood but all those arms stuck thru the fence trying to get you to come, that was crazy.

One time we took a taxi into Belize for a tour, and the lady who sold the tour said oh you have to have us both (I didnt much like her, so wasnt good news). We spent most of the time at some church where "blacks" (not her word" had to sit outside the church and she told us of the black struggle, but since Im not black, I was to the enough already point. Even the govenor's house had bars on it.. with every house with bars on the window, must have been a lot of theft.

Archived