Sugar-free desserts

flyhelper

Sorry don't know , but they are good, my DH really likes them, he is diabetic and always requests sugar free. You might try FAQ questions on the Princess site and if it is really important to you email the contact address, see if they respond.

Cori

My DH is diabetic also. I would guess that they use malitol and/ or other sugar alcohols mixed with Splenda. These are really the only sugar subs that taste decent in baked goods in our experience. Be advised though that sugar free doesn't always mean low calorie. If your issue is weight control more than sugar avoidance you might compare nutritional values with options like sorbet or other low fat choices.

Good question I never thought to ask. DH is diabetic so I buy a lot of no sugar added or sugar-free stuff. (PP is right, doesn't necessarily mean lower calorie though). Honestly, most stuff I can't taste the difference. I switched to Truvia and Splenda last year for my coffee/tea and pretty much tastes the same. But I have no idea what Princess uses.

When we were on the CB last month, most of the desserts I ate were sugar-free and delicious! If you didn't know they were sugar-free, you probably wouldn't have guessed either. Makes me feel a little less guilty.

My DH is diabetic also. I would guess that they use malitol and/ or other sugar alcohols mixed with Splenda. These are really the only sugar subs that taste decent in baked goods in our experience. Be advised though that sugar free doesn't always mean low calorie. If your issue is weight control more than sugar avoidance you might compare nutritional values with options like sorbet or other low fat choices.

If diabetic, sugar free in desserts does not mean you can igore the carbohyrates that are still there such as flour. It's no a "free" treat if you really have to do critical counting. Just a thought.

Archived