Upsell amount?

callmebetty

We booked through a TA. I called after final payment and authorized her to accept an upsell up to $500. We are in an SF on the Jewel. She knows not to move us from deck 10 for a suite that is basically the same. What should I authorize for a great upgrade (ie Owner's Suite or villa?) After reading posts here I am not sure $500 is enough to get into something more fabulous than we already have. I realize an SF is wonderful and the chance of an upsell call is slim, but I can dream....if the price is right :)

Thanks!

We booked through a TA. I called after final payment and authorized her to accept an upsell up to $500. We are in an SF on the Jewel. She knows not to move us from deck 10 for a suite that is basically the same. What should I authorize for a great upgrade (ie Owner's Suite or villa?) After reading posts here I am not sure $500 is enough to get into something more fabulous than we already have. I realize an SF is wonderful and the chance of an upsell call is slim, but I can dream....if the price is right :)

Thanks!

Well Betty, I would be very careful giving your TA a blind authorization. Think you would be better off having her contact you with the offer then you can decide.

Well Betty, I would be very careful giving your TA a blind authorization. Think you would be better off having her contact you with the offer then you can decide.

I agree. There are so many factors that can go into a decision like that, even the location within a class. I could see not sacrificing a great location for worse one, even if it was only a few hundred per person to "upgrade"

Hi Betty,

We received an upsell offer from a minisuite to a 2 bedroom Garden Villa on our Jade Eastern Med cruise in March 2011, about 10 days before sailing. The offered price was about 50% of the price difference between those two categories at that time. I recall seeing some other posts that noted a similar pricing formula, but it seems that some members have also reported better offers. I imagine that supply/demand must play a big role.

Best of luck to you. It sounds like you'll have a great time regardless!

Thank you all! TA asked if I would want to "upgrade" to a different deck or location. Since we have an aft location currently, I told her that unless it was substantial we don't want to move. I think i will call her today and tell her that I would like a call if she gets a call before any decisions are made. I am sure we will have a great time regardless.

Happy sailing to all :)

Hi Betty,

We received an upsell offer from a minisuite to a 2 bedroom Garden Villa on our Jade Eastern Med cruise in March 2011, about 10 days before sailing. The offered price was about 50% of the price difference between those two categories at that time. I recall seeing some other posts that noted a similar pricing formula, but it seems that some members have also reported better offers. I imagine that supply/demand must play a big role.

Best of luck to you. It sounds like you'll have a great time regardless!

I think you meant Courtyard Villa (2 bedroom). GV has three.

We upgraded to a courtyard villa-1 bedroom- on a Gem Med cruise in '08 for $500.00 pp over what we had paid for a balcony. It was great but we were so port intensive we didn't get to enjoy all the amenities as much as we would have liked to.

Archived