Upgrade--BF Caribe To Lido

Stephy0519

Got an email stating that our guar. BF on Caribe was "upgraded" to a BA on the Lido deck for our October repositioning cruise. We initially booked a guar on Caribe bc we had heard how great the balconies were! Is this an actual upgrade? Or should we decline and see what we get instead?

Thanks!

Oh--stateroom L215 is what we were given.

Thanks!

Got an email stating that our guar. BF on Caribe was "upgraded" to a BA on the Lido deck for our October repositioning cruise. We initially booked a guar on Caribe bc we had heard how great the balconies were! Is this an actual upgrade? Or should we decline and see what we get instead?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Which ship?

Thanks!

Thanks!

How do you book a Guarantee BF on Caribe deck? There are only BA and BB cabins on Caribe deck, aren't there? It looks like BF's are all on Baja deck.

So sorry, it's CB and yes you are right, it was Baja.

Ah- that makes more sense. It looks like it's in the same area of the ship only three decks higher and nearer to the pools. If that appeals to you, I say go for it. It looks like the fitness center is right above you, though.

How do you book a Guarantee BF on Caribe deck? There are only BA and BB cabins on Caribe deck, aren't there? It looks like BF's are all on Baja deck.

That's what I was wondering... confused me!! :p

In my view, this is not an upgrade because the cabin you were given on Lido deck is right below the fitness area and that could be very noisy. Beware of being above or below of public areas, but most especially below public areas. The Lido and Baja deck balconies are the same size -just big enough for two. The Caribe deck balconies are twice as large.

I would take the Baja cabin over the Lido cabin because Baja will be quieter (cabins above and below you). I would turn down the "upgrade" to Lido deck. If you get offered a Caribe balcony I would take that over Baja.

In my view, this is not an upgrade because the cabin you were given on Lido deck is right below the fitness area and that could be very noisy. Beware of being above or below of public areas, but most especially below public areas. The Lido and Baja deck balconies are the same size -just big enough for two. The Caribe deck balconies are twice as large.

I would take the Baja cabin over the Lido cabin because Baja will be quieter (cabins above and below you). I would turn down the "upgrade" to Lido deck. If you get offered a Caribe balcony I would take that over Baja.

Alternately, perhaps see if they will "downgrade" your BA on Lido to a BB on Caribe... and if they do, then mark your booking "no upgrades" once it's been done :)

Thank so much everyone!

I actually went and was checking out the deck plans--while I LOVE to workout, I do NOT want to be right below the gym.

I called Princess (we booked direct), was very nice and got moved to a BA (at least according to the deck plans) on Caribe--C518. MUCH better!

Thanks again, everyone!

Thank so much everyone!

I actually went and was checking out the deck plans--while I LOVE to workout, I do NOT want to be right below the gym.

I called Princess (we booked direct), was very nice and got moved to a BA (at least according to the deck plans) on Caribe--C518. MUCH better!

Thanks again, everyone!

Much better is right. That's fantastic. Have a great trip!

Thanks so much! Now this is probably a stupid question--but I'm in my personalizer looking for the no upgrades and can't find the marker--help?

It's not on your Personalizer. You can only select the "no upgrades" option while you're booking the cruise online. Once you book, you need to call Princess or your TA and have them change it to "No upgrades".

Got an email stating that our guar. BF on Caribe was "upgraded" to a BA on the Lido deck...
You booked a GTY room, there is no option to turn down your assignment. You may, once assigned, see if there is a different room in your assigned category that is available and switch to it, which is what you were able to do.

You made a wise choice and you are in a great cabin now (large balcony, midship, and cabins above and below you) Enjoy your cruise.

You will have to call Princess to get it marked "no upgrade". If you booked directly through Princess, then you can mark it "no upgrade" during your booking process (there is a box to check). However, you cannot do it through your cruise personalizer after already booked (I am not sure why).

Thank so much everyone!

Thanks again, everyone!

Now THAT'S an upgrade!!!:D Enjoy!!:)

We too just received our cabin assignment for this same cruise. We booked a category BF and received a category BC and were assigned A325. I looked at the deck plan and it appears to me that this is a pretty good upgrade. A325 is not exactly midship but is closer to midship than the front. I believe Princess went ahead and assigned the guaranteed cabins because there was also a price drop. I thought about rebooking for the lower price but decided against it. It would be about $136 saving, but we would also lose this cabin.

Scott

Thank so much everyone!

Thanks again, everyone!

Good work !!! :)

Srpilo

Archived