Vancouver Trolly

We will be in Vanocuver for 2 days after our Alaska cruise that leaves next week.

Is the Trolly Co. a good choice for Stanely Park? Only $10 pp w/ 5 hop on/off stops. Is it better to walk/take a bus to the park and do a carriage ride once there? It will be our daughter's 14th birthday.

They also offer a 2 day trolly pass, hop on/off through out Vancouver for $38.

I know it is a walkable city but w/ 2 days wondered what others thought.

Scheduled to see Chinatown/Gastown walking tour w/ "The Tour Guys"

Also open to restaurant ideas.

All responses are appreciated!

We did the hop-on hop-off last year over a two day period. It took us to Stanley Park, then we walked to the aquarium (a short walk). After the aquarium we walked to the Fish House for lunch. I forget what DW had, but I remember that it was excellent - soup and something. Mine was fish and chips - not good - over cooked and greasy. We then walked to the nearest hop-on stop (not too far) and continued the ride til we got to China town, where we got off again and toured the gardens of Dr. Sun Yat Sen Park. From there we were able to walk back to our hotel (Fairmont Waterfront - across from the cruise terminal). The next day we hopped-on again and rode the trolly/bus to Granville Island where we spent most of the day - shops, restaurants. Hopped-on again and completed the circuit back to the hotel.

IMO, the hop-on hop-off is a great way to see the city. I would however recommnend that you hold onto your map, as Stanley Park can get a little disorienting.

We will be in Vanocuver for 2 days after our Alaska cruise that leaves next week.

Is the Trolly Co. a good choice for Stanely Park? Only $10 pp w/ 5 hop on/off stops. Is it better to walk/take a bus to the park and do a carriage ride once there? It will be our daughter's 14th birthday.

They also offer a 2 day trolly pass, hop on/off through out Vancouver for $38.

I know it is a walkable city but w/ 2 days wondered what others thought.

Scheduled to see Chinatown/Gastown walking tour w/ "The Tour Guys"

Also open to restaurant ideas.

All responses are appreciated!

You can buy a city-wide all day bus/seabus/skytrain pass for $9, which can also get to you out of downtown attractions like Grouse Mt, and Capilano Bridge.

Archived