Caribelle Batik logistics

librarymom

I'll be in St. Kitts in July. I'm interested in visiting Caribelle Batik and Romney Manor. I don't want a tour because I'm not interested in going to Brimstone or the beach (mainly because my mom isn't up for much physically). Can I just grab a cab to Caribelle Batik, and if so, how much is it? Also, when I'm done is it possible to get a cab back or do I need to make prior arrangements? Any help is appreciated.

I'll be in St. Kitts in July. I'm interested in visiting Caribelle Batik and Romney Manor. I don't want a tour because I'm not interested in going to Brimstone or the beach (mainly because my mom isn't up for much physically). Can I just grab a cab to Caribelle Batik, and if so, how much is it? Also, when I'm done is it possible to get a cab back or do I need to make prior arrangements? Any help is appreciated.

It is no problem to just get a cab. Romney Manor is absolutely gorgeous - one of my favorite places in St Kitts.

• 4 weeks later...

When you walk to the end of pier, there will be plenty of people hawking for taxis/tours. There is an official taxi area--get this the size of a tv tray with a gal writing up the slip for the next taxi driver in the que, and they have set pricing for each trip you'd like -no haggling needed and they are official. (I think the set trip rate is based on the whole trip up to 4 people, not per person)

Since we did tour around 1:30pm the taxis were just sitting there and glad to see us arrive. We also had just the two of us, and took tour to the Brimstone Hill Fortress and did the Caribelle on the way back round trip it was just over 2 hours including 45 minutes at the fort.

p.s. Caribelle closes at 4pm, and not sure when their last demonstration of the dying process is.

Archived