Wedding Update- April 2012 Bride Carnival Destiny

Hey Ladies,

It's been a little while since I've last updated so thought I'd update our plans. We finalized our reception on board the Carnival Destiny in the Downbeat Lounge. Anyone have any good pictures??

We are getting married on the beach in Key West through a company called "Weddings to Go Key West" on April 13, 2012. We currently have 9 cabins/21 people sailing with us with more planning on booking. So we will be getting married at 10:30am on Smathers Beach and renting the trolley to take everyone to and from, as well a take them on a tour while we are doing pictures. We will then be hosting a 2 hour reception from 4-6 in the Downbeat Lounge with the "Social host" (anyone have any tips or info on this, the DJ wasnt available). Followed by dinner with everyone at 6:30pm.

Getting so excited!!! 10 months to go :):D

• 1 month later...

Interesting - we're also considering having a wedding cruise on the Destiny. (Ours would be in June of 2012.)

Would you mind if I asked:

1. What made you choose Key West over Cozumel?

2. What made you go with an outside vendor over Carnival?

3. How did you choose Weddings To Go?

Thanks!

Dave

Hey Ladies,

It's been a little while since I've last updated so thought I'd update our plans. We finalized our reception on board the Carnival Destiny in the Downbeat Lounge. Anyone have any good pictures??

We are getting married on the beach in Key West through a company called "Weddings to Go Key West" on April 13, 2012.

Have a back up plan.. we were on Fascination to Key West in April last year and on a lovely but windy day the captain decided it was too windy to dock in KW so we missed the port entirely for a day at sea! Not sure what his reasoning was since we found out when we got home that RCI ship had docked same day but...

Have a back up plan.. we were on Fascination to Key West in April last year and on a lovely but windy day the captain decided it was too windy to dock in KW so we missed the port entirely for a day at sea! Not sure what his reasoning was since we found out when we got home that RCI ship had docked same day but...

Yikes! I didn't realize that would ever be an issue anywhere where the ship docks - I thought only tender ports were skipped due to wind.

I guess wedding insurance would take care of any costs, but how would you suggest putting together a back-up plan if you didn't book through Carnival?

Hey Ladies,

This page as a virtual view of the Downbeat Lounge:

http://cruises.res99.com/sc.do?tab=activities&c=1&v=28&i=&dsc=y&IncludeAlumniRates=&IncludeSeniorRates=&state=&zipcode=

Yikes! I didn't realize that would ever be an issue anywhere where the ship docks - I thought only tender ports were skipped due to wind.

I guess wedding insurance would take care of any costs, but how would you suggest putting together a back-up plan if you didn't book through Carnival?

I would check w/ the Weddings to Go foks to see what their policy is when ship doesn't dock, which is infrequent and in our case was very puzzling since the other cruise line's ship did get into the docking area.

I guess other alternative would be just planning to get married in Cozumel where ship docking isn't dependent on weather that time of year I wouldn't think or when you get home just a small ceremony? I don't know couple this happened to on our cruise or who they were using in Key West unfortunately and I haven't seen posts from her here..

• 5 months later...

LIPZ..... love your wedding pics....I officiated at Hawaii's first legal civil union at 12:01 on Jan. 1.......hope to meet you on a cruise some time soon......

How's the wedding planning going? About a 100 days till sailing! I'll be getting married during that cruise too. See you on board!

How exciting!! When are where are you getting married?? We are down to the 99 day point. Sent out the invitations last week and just today we had 2 more people book. We are now up to 45 guests! My current projects are welcome bags/letter and figuring out our flower situation. Can't bring real flowers back on the ship so I need to find an affordable/beautiful silk option. Have been looking on etsy and they seem to have some good choices on there. I am starting to get very excited!!! I sure you are too:D

How exciting!! When are where are you getting married?? We are down to the 99 day point. Sent out the invitations last week and just today we had 2 more people book. We are now up to 45 guests! My current projects are welcome bags/letter and figuring out our flower situation. Can't bring real flowers back on the ship so I need to find an affordable/beautiful silk option. Have been looking on etsy and they seem to have some good choices on there. I am starting to get very excited!!! I sure you are too:D

I'm pretty nervous! lol you started planning so early!!! We booked group cabins about 2 months ago and only booked the wedding 2 weeks ago!

I'll be getting legally married on embarkation day in Miami but then will have a religious ceremony in Cozumel. I'll be having a pre-wedding event on Wednesday night in Miami, another one when we dock at Key West, and a couple other events on the ship. Are you getting into town on Wednesday or Thursday? I still need to figure out flowers, dress, everything for the legal ceremony ... and all that for all the other events. Have you visited Key West to see the place you're getting married and figure out details? If you need any help, I went about 6 weeks ago and have info on vendors and such.

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES!!! I am sooooo excited!!!:D

We went to Key West and saw Smathers in February and we have actually been there about 3 times before. Yes I started planning last year at this time lol boy has time flown by. Once you get started planning it is hard to stop so you'll figure it all out in no time.

We are having a get together embarkation day as our "rehearsal" minus the rehearsing part lol The wedding is at 10:30am in Key West and we are having the 2 hour reception in Down Beat lounge at 4pm and heading right to dinner afterwards. Our group is now up to 47 sailing guests and 51 will be at the ceremony (my fiance has some family members who are meeting us in Key West because they don't like cruises- weirdos :p)

Can you believe how quickly this is all coming, 93 days until we leave! Congrats on your wedding, I'm excited to have another bride on this cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...

About 75 days!

i still don't have info on the group events... they had some more questions that i replied to so hopefully will hear back soon... everything else is falling into place... though i still don't have a legal ceremony dress lol oh well soon enough i guess!

ps. if you're in Miami on wednesday evening, would love to meet you! if not, i'm sure we'll meet on the ship :)

Awesome! Yes we will be in Miami Wednesday, we have a block of rooms at the Courtyard Marriott Airport South. Working out well because it has a free airport shuttle and we are now in the process of figuring out transportation for everyone to the port.

Planning is kicking into high gear!! We ordered our flowers last week. We decided to do "Natural touch" flowers because didn't want to spend so much money on real ones just to have to throw them out when we got back on the boat. If you are still looking Wedideas.com is great!!! and very affordable!

How many people are sailing with you so far? We are up to 55! Ahhh lol We also just decided for the honeymoon we are going to just stay onboard. Our first back to back cruise and I think we will need a quiet week alone after those crazy 4 days! lol

LIPZ..... love your wedding pics....I officiated at Hawaii's first legal civil union at 12:01 on Jan. 1.......hope to meet you on a cruise some time soon......

Hi Pam, I can't believe I am just seeing your post here. Thanks so much for the compliment. Officiating the first same-sex civil union in Hawaii must have felt awesome. Cruising Hawaii is actually on our list of cruises we want to take. Who knows we just may meet!

How's the wedding planning going? About a 100 days till sailing! I'll be getting married during that cruise too. See you on board!

I know CruiserJess and I are both getting married at 10:30am in Key West (different sites). So that makes three of us now! Since I live in Fort Myers, Florida we are driving over in the morning. We are having a get together the night before with my local friends that can't go on the cruise. Hope you guys have fun Wednesday night and I would love to meet up with you both on the ship!

I'm getting excited but a little bit frantic! So much to do in only 70 days!

I know CruiserJess and I are both getting married at 10:30am in Key West (different sites). So that makes three of us now! Since I live in Fort Myers, Florida we are driving over in the morning. We are having a get together the night before with my local friends that can't go on the cruise. Hope you guys have fun Wednesday night and I would love to meet up with you both on the ship!

I'm getting excited but a little bit frantic! So much to do in only 70 days!

Where are you getting married?? Are you doing anything after on the ship? I can not believe we are down to 70 days! Starting to work on all the little details now, ahh I can't wait! After dinner the second night we will def be out and about on the ship, maybe we could meet up! I'll be the one in the wedding dress :D

Where are you getting married?? Are you doing anything after on the ship? I can not believe we are down to 70 days! Starting to work on all the little details now, ahh I can't wait! After dinner the second night we will def be out and about on the ship, maybe we could meet up! I'll be the one in the wedding dress :D

I would love to meet up. I'll be in the wedding dress too! I'm staying in it because after that day you never get to wear it again. I haven't decided if I am doing anything specific on board yet. The two hour trolley tour is my main reception... stopping along the way at Green Parrot for a toast because that is where we had our first toast after he proposed. I'm going to see if we can have mimosas on the trolley too. Some of my Florida friends are meeting us in Key West, but not cruising so that is why I don't think we are going to do a formal reception on board... that could change though. Maybe us three brides can get together and take a picture to post here.

What are your plans for Cozumel? I THINK we decided on Playa Corona because locals say it has the best shore snorkeling. We were going to do an all-inclusive beach day, but since we love snorkeling we decided to spend most of the day there instead... not as beachy but we can go to the beach at home. I setup a Destination Wedding Guide that is sent out with my invites instead of distributing it to each room on board (mostly because of the non-sailing guests). I thought I would share. Are you doing one too?

front.jpg.e0b0caf7d43483ac96407556ca6d59d3.jpg

back.jpg.5be3bddb02fef619a36f75d071620dcf.jpg

We are getting married at the Key West Garden Club... probably about 1/2 mile to a mile away from you... same side of the island near the big cement pier. That is where he proposed... which is why we chose this cruise/port.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I am new to the forum. I am thinking about doing a cruise wedding and stop at Key West for the ceremony and then do reception on board. Here is my issue. My fiance's brother is on probation and cannot leave the country technically. Do you know if there are any restrictions about him meeting us in Key West for the wedding and not being a passenger on the ship?

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES!!! I am sooooo excited!!!:D

We went to Key West and saw Smathers in February and we have actually been there about 3 times before. Yes I started planning last year at this time lol boy has time flown by. Once you get started planning it is hard to stop so you'll figure it all out in no time.

We are having a get together embarkation day as our "rehearsal" minus the rehearsing part lol The wedding is at 10:30am in Key West and we are having the 2 hour reception in Down Beat lounge at 4pm and heading right to dinner afterwards. Our group is now up to 47 sailing guests and 51 will be at the ceremony (my fiance has some family members who are meeting us in Key West because they don't like cruises- weirdos :p)

Can you believe how quickly this is all coming, 93 days until we leave! Congrats on your wedding, I'm excited to have another bride on this cruise!!

Hey CruiserJess! I guess we will cross paths because I have the Downbeat Lounge at 6:30 LOL... it works out good because we have late dining. We should get a picture together to post in our gowns there! I actually just booked it today and they thought it was funny that I knew who you were from this board.

By the way, I don't know if you did a wedding website but I did one and thought I would share with you http://www.mywedding.com/jaylaura/index.html

It was EASY to create using their template (took MAYBE three hours).

I finally booked my cruise almost 2 weeks ago. My guests are at 24 and climbing now and I haven't even gotten my formal invitations in the mail yet! I have a big family so I don't know what the final number will be. At least I have everything booked and planned and setup. I used solaris photography in the keys but didn't book a planner/officiant because one of my closest friends can marry me. I haven't booked the trolley yet - City View is apparently having problems with their bundled internet and phone.

Did you book a trolley tour and if so, with which company?

As you can tell I am finally feeling like a bride and getting excited now that the big stuff is out of the way! I look forward to meeting you!

Laura

Hello there! I am new to the forum. I am thinking about doing a cruise wedding and stop at Key West for the ceremony and then do reception on board. Here is my issue. My fiance's brother is on probation and cannot leave the country technically. Do you know if there are any restrictions about him meeting us in Key West for the wedding and not being a passenger on the ship?

My future father-in-law just got married in October and doesn't have her passport/green card/papers yet so she can't leave the country. They are meeting us in Key West and we are doing the ceremony at Mallory Square (just a quirky decision we liked) and a "pre-reception" at the Green Parrot hopefully followed up by a private trolley tour (if they ever call me back).

I didn't even ask if he could board because we will be hanging out in port. It is working out for us.

Hope you find a solution.

We are getting married at the Key West Garden Club... probably about 1/2 mile to a mile away from you... same side of the island near the big cement pier. That is where he proposed... which is why we chose this cruise/port.

We were disappointed because the Key West Garden Club makes you have a minimum of two hours and I told them we only need 15 to 30 minutes but their minimum was almost $400. The trolleys aren't working out yet so we just decided Mallory Square (I knew CruiserJess was going to be at Smathers at the same time).

It actually works out - my driving in friends know how to find it easily... and the trolley from the ship drops us off there anyway. Great place for photographs. Plus they have a webcam for people that can't come if they want to watch. And it shouldn't be too crowded that time of day (I keep watching the webcam when the cruise is in port at that time to see trends).

Archived