Wedding Update- April 2012 Bride Carnival Destiny

Ha-ha, we will definitely cross paths! I am getting very excited as well. My bridal shower is this weekend and after that time is short! Ahhh We now have 57 sailing guests and a few others promising to book. We are not doing a tour but just rented the trolleys to transport all of our guests. For a tour I think it was $20 something a person, whatever the tour price is.

CruiserJess

Hope you had/have a good shower!

I'm curious... are you doing a group activity in Cozumel or "join us if you like"? Do you know what you are doing yet?

BTW... by reading reviews and posts I found some very helpful tips (for this ship and Carnival in general). Rather than clutter here; I suggest you go to my FAQs & Tips page. Feel free to share with your guests (especially those that like soda or fruity cocktails). I know it is pretty full of stuff, but scroll down to the Saving Money section and also - ask Bon Voyage about bottle service (not to leave the room).

Oh... I hope we run into each other too! I'll be the older bride... physically anyway. I refuse to grow completely up... after all... I'm a Toys R Us kid. :D

I have a close friend (hair salon owner) and an aquaintance/friend via salon owner (makeup artist) that were going to do my hair and makeup as a wedding present. They had a falling out - not sure if it is temporary or not - BUT - in the event I can't get my hair done (at least) I'm trying to find plan B.

Are you getting your hair done on board or in port? I can do my hair, but I don't think I can DO my hair the way I would like for my wedding. Makeup - I can do... just not airbrushed.

Suggestions? Here is to hoping the plan stays in place and this is a moot question!!!

I have a close friend (hair salon owner) and an aquaintance/friend via salon owner (makeup artist) that were going to do my hair and makeup as a wedding present. They had a falling out - not sure if it is temporary or not - BUT - in the event I can't get my hair done (at least) I'm trying to find plan B.

Are you getting your hair done on board or in port? I can do my hair, but I don't think I can DO my hair the way I would like for my wedding. Makeup - I can do... just not airbrushed.

Suggestions? Here is to hoping the plan stays in place and this is a moot question!!!

Well, you said your close friend is the hair dresser. Can she still do your hair and you just do your makeup?

THANK YOU! Shower was great :D Now I feel like the wedding is coming quickly!

In Cozumel we are doing a join us if you like excursion to Paradise Beach. I am sure we will end up at Senior Frogs before the boat leaves :)

My Aunt is doing my hair and my MOH will do my makeup. I know that my mother and a few others are looking at going to the salon, so we may need to call them about opening up early.

Well, you said your close friend is the hair dresser. Can she still do your hair and you just do your makeup?

The only problem is she may not go unless she finds a cabin mate. Otherwise, yes I am fine with doing my makeup. I just get frustrated doing an elaborate updo.

• 3 weeks later...
We just got married through Carnival at Key West. You will love using the trolley! It was amazing!

Key west just breath taking as well! We took our pictures on Smathers Beach!

WOW!! THEY LOOK GREAT!

Thank you so much, I am so so excited!!!!:D

We just got married through Carnival at Key West. You will love using the trolley! It was amazing!

Key west just breath taking as well! We took our pictures on Smathers Beach!

Love the trolley! How long did you have it for? What can I expect?

Well we had 83 people at the wedding and on board reception. 53 sailed. We had a catholic wedding so we had to be at the church in the morning for the rehersal.

I had 1 trolley for 1 hour before the wedding. They picked up the cruising guests only and took them to the church. Everyone LOVED it. It no only made it easier to find the church (especially dressed up for a wedding) but they said it made it a really fun, friendly, experience for those that did not know anyone else there. They all felt like they were on a close family excursion.

After the wedding we rented two trolleys for the hour. One took the wedding party and their families on a quick tour of the island and to Smathers Beach for pictures. The other trolley took the remaining guests, which was about half, on a tour of the island and back to this ship. The wedding was 1130-1245 so they were back in time for the reception which was at 2pm.

The trolley drivers were wonderful! They were very friendly and accomodating.Being all on a trolley made it a great pre party lol! Really added to the "destination wedding" feel, and made the overall experience real unique. And we all fit wonderfully! I was worried about the "max occupancy." My husband's family are all over 6 ft lol but we fit the 48-50 people perfectly.

Archived