Boston - Best way to get to Freedom Trail?

fl.princess

We took the shuttle that was provided (for a small fee) from the ship to Quincy market. From here, we crossed the street near the aquarium and there were water taxi boats. The water taxi took us to the Constitution, which is where we started the trail, we followed it all the way back to the market. Great way to spend the day in Boston!!

We took the shuttle that was provided (for a small fee) from the ship to Quincy market. From here, we crossed the street near the aquarium and there were water taxi boats. The water taxi took us to the Constitution, which is where we started the trail, we followed it all the way back to the market. Great way to spend the day in Boston!!

Thank you for the info. Do you mind telling me what the shuttle fee was from the ship? We are on Princess. How do I find out about the shuttle? What about returning to the ship...is there a shuttle to take you back?

I'm not a big fan of the Freedom Trail between the Constitution and Faneuil Hall - it's the least interesting part of the trail. If you want to see the Constitution you can do what trophy_23 did. However, I would take the water taxi back to Long Wharf(Aquarium) and walk a loop through the North End ending up back at Quincy Market. If you have time left, you can walk the trail backwards to Boston Common. At Park St. you can take the Red Line direction Braintree/Mattapan (any train) 2 stops to South Station where you can transfer to the Silver Line SL2 to go back to Black Falcon. This can be done in the reverse direction as well.

It all depends on how much time you have and how much ground you want to cover. Have you looked at the Freedom trail and do you have any sightseeing priorities?

I enjoy the FT from the Constitution to Faneuil Hall. There is a great multi-media presentation at the gift shop near the Constitution and they also have an interesting museum there. You can walk up to the Bunker Hill Monument and climb the stairs to the top for an amazing view of the city.

From there, you can walk the trail across the bridge, and up to the Old North Church for a stop, then go to Paul Revere's House for a tour. Make sure to stop at Mike's Bakery in the north end of town for some yummy sweets. There are other interesting sites as you walk the city streets.

In the gift shop at the Constitution, you can get a small booklet that gives highlights of the stops. It is white with red & blue lettering. I can't recall the title, but I would recommend the book. It is about 50 pages and is about 5X6" in size.

Agree with ms35...why would you take the water shuttle back to Long Wharf and backtrack to go to the North End? I think that most visitors really enjoy the Old North Church and Paul Revere's house, not to mention the Italian bakeries and restaurants!

Thank you for the info. Do you mind telling me what the shuttle fee was from the ship? We are on Princess. How do I find out about the shuttle? What about returning to the ship...is there a shuttle to take you back?

Last time we did this the ship shuttle was $15 RT. This will be advertised on the ship for purchase. They will give you 2 tickets, one to give to the shuttle for the first transport and one to give to the shuttle for your return trip. The shuttle will leave you off close to Quincy Market and that is where you will wait for the return shuttle also. The first driver will make sure everyone knows when the last shuttle returns. Up till that time the shuttles run very often.

Last time we did this the ship shuttle was $15 RT. This will be advertised on the ship for purchase. They will give you 2 tickets, one to give to the shuttle for the first transport and one to give to the shuttle for your return trip. The shuttle will leave you off close to Quincy Market and that is where you will wait for the return shuttle also. The first driver will make sure everyone knows when the last shuttle returns. Up till that time the shuttles run very often.

Thank you!

Thank you!

You're welcome. If you are around Quincy Market at noon, keep in mind this is a HUGE food court of anything you might want. Nice place for everyone to find something they would like. Have a great trip.

Archived