So I bought my bubba keg...now what do I do?

valtandc

So now that I bought my bubba keg.....I'm not quite sure what to do with it....lol.....looks ominous...

bought 2 32oz and 1 54oz (I think those are the sizes)

will they fill up my bubba keg if I have a soda card?

So now that I bought my bubba keg.....I'm not quite sure what to do with it....lol.....looks ominous...

Hehe!:) No, I don't think they will, it is 1 glass of soda at a time per card I'm pretty sure! What is a bubba keg? lol

Loved having mine. Used it for coffee in the morning so I didn't have to fill the little cups as often. Made drinks in them all afternoon around the lido. My DW had the soda card and the one time she asked the bartender to fill it they did no problem.

Hehe!:) No, I don't think they will, it is 1 glass of soda at a time per card I'm pretty sure! What is a bubba keg? lol

Its a larger plastic insulated cup that holds drinks sold at walmart. I am drinking coffee out of a regular sized insulated cup .. enough for me.

OP for sanitary reasons its against policy for you to take your mug and fill it at spigots in the buffet or for bartenders to do the same. You have to fill a regular glass in the buffet and pour it into your bubba keg.

Its for sanitary reasons.. please dont use it in the refill stations and spread germs.

From real life actual experience I can tell you that "yes" they will fill your bubba keg. I have a 54 oz. Take to nearest bar, the bar tenders will rinse your cup out, add ice and fill with coke, no questions asked. Don't forget to leave a little room at the top for additional liquid filler (from your Rum Runners). Don't forget to show your appreciation to the bar tender. :D

From real life actual experience I can tell you that "yes" they will fill your bubba keg. I have a 54 oz. Take to nearest bar, the bar tenders will rinse your cup out, add ice and fill with coke, no questions asked. Don't forget to leave a little room at the top for additional liquid filler (from your Rum Runners). :D

I can see that they could fill them when they use those hoses to fill the cups that dont actually touch the cups.. that would be ok.

Just so people arent filling them themselves in the buffet. Used to be signs not to do it, but the signs are gone.

Its a larger plastic insulated cup that holds drinks sold at walmart. I am drinking coffee out of a regular sized insulated cup .. enough for me.

OP for sanitary reasons its against policy for you to take your mug and fill it at spigots in the buffet or for bartenders to do the same. You have to fill a regular glass in the buffet and pour it into your bubba keg.

Its for sanitary reasons.. please dont use it in the refill stations and spread germs.

Just out of curiosity, as I haven’t been on large cruise ship in years (however, will be on Splendor in1½ weeks) does CCL recommend that everyone use a fresh cup every time you get a refill at the drink dispensers? Having been to many a fast food restaurants and refilled my refill cup (coffee or soda) at least once, I’ve never noticed a sign advising me to get a new cup? However I have seen at some buffet restaurants asking customers to get fresh plates but never glasses. To me if you are advising someone not to use there own beverage cup, then CCL should also be doing the same every time anyone refills their CCL provided cups/glasses. Just courious?

Just out of curiosity, as I haven’t been on large cruise ship in years (however, will be on Splendor in1½ weeks) does CCL recommend that everyone use a fresh cup every time you get a refill at the drink dispensers? Having been to many a fast food restaurants and refilled my refill cup (coffee or soda) at least once, I’ve never noticed a sign advising me to get a new cup? However I have seen at some buffet restaurants asking customers to get fresh plates but never glasses. To me if you are advising someone not to use there own beverage cup, then CCL should also be doing the same every time anyone refills their CCL provided cups/glasses. Just courious?

12 Carnival cruises and I have never seen a sign saying use a new glass or no filling from your own cup. Maybe I just missed them (selective sight).;)

we have extended family that love to go to buffets. I always get a straw for my glass because i watch too many people place their mouth to their cup and then carry it back to the fountain soda area and place that same edge against the dispenser to dispense more of their chosen drink. eeeeww! straw please!

But I have no germs....

after you wash your hands in the public sinks do you sanitize the handles for the next person.........or when someone fills a paper cup with ice and then soda......and then uses the same cup with same ice again to refill.....what happens to the germs then....

You might be a redneck if...you bring a 54 oz. "Bubba Keg" on a cruise ship.:p

I know...lol.....I thought about this too....and I'm not from redneck country...but have close family whom are rednecks and love 'em to death....we are more of city slickers.

guess I'll just bring the 32oz

get OJ at b'fast DR..for later on....always fill with other "CLEAN" glass. I always put one of my bottles of wine in it(w/o the top on) to save room and it is in my carry-on. Dont drink soda..so cant nelp w/that info..the repeat staff always asks where my "hands describes" my 54oz BIG orange Bubba. I'm a "lil ole lady type" so guess it seems strange to see me with it?? But saves many trips to the Lido for refills of an "Arnold Palmer"

I've heard crafters would take them and put them in their scrapbook.:(

I am a scrapbooker and I can't imagine why in the world anyone would want to do that???

Yes, I save my room card, Capers, etc. But a sign that says "use a new cup"?????

Maggie

Hmmm...I used an aluminum water bottle at the drink stations on all three of my cruises last year. No one said a thing.

I wasn't drinking out of the water bottle though...filled it with mango guava passion juice in the morning for a mixer with my BV rum in the afternoon...

• 2 weeks later...
I know...lol.....I thought about this too....and I'm not from redneck country...but have close family whom are rednecks and love 'em to death....we are more of city slickers.

guess I'll just bring the 32oz

Bring what you want...you'll see them all over the ship. They have gotten quite poplular. We have been taking them for 3 years now. My DH has a 54oz and I take the 32oz.

I can assure you we are not rednecks...lol, but prefer to not refill the tiny glasses every 10 minutes on the lido deck etc....take them everywhere on the ship with no problems.

They are on our "must pack" list...:D

Archived