So I bought my bubba keg...now what do I do?

valtandc

Bubba's rule!! We use them on all of our trips. Cruises and All Inclusives!! Keeps our drinks cold for up to three hours on the beach. the cups they give you @ the AI's are small too, and by the time you get back to your beach chair, its half gone and warm!@!!:(

Refilling a 50 oz mug is no different that refilling the coolers that Carnival sells other than the amount. I don’t see a problem using one on the lido deck for water, tea or lemon aid. I would be surprised if a bartender did open enough soda cans to fill a 50 oz mug from someone who has a soda sticker.

I buy the insulted glass with a lid that carnival sales when you buy the soda card. It reminds me of the cruises every time I use one of them. :D

How many ounces do those cups hold? Also, do they do a good job keeping the drinks cold? I would like to get one as a keepsake, but I'm with the other posters, I don't like to get up and refill every ten minutes.

Thank you!

I buy the insulted glass with a lid that carnival sales when you buy the soda card. It reminds me of the cruises every time I use one of them. :D

Your glass is stupid boring and ugly. Now it's insulted.:D

So now that I bought my bubba keg.....I'm not quite sure what to do with it....lol.....looks ominous...

bought 2 32oz and 1 54oz (I think those are the sizes)

will they fill up my bubba keg if I have a soda card?

Yes they will fill it up and you are allowed to share it with whoever. Watch out for the progressives though as they will tell you your ruining their stock price.;)

So now that I bought my bubba keg.....I'm not quite sure what to do with it....lol.....looks ominous...

bought 2 32oz and 1 54oz (I think those are the sizes)

will they fill up my bubba keg if I have a soda card?

Drink till you Sink :eek:;)

A few years back when I purchased the soda package for my kids on Royal Caribbean, it included a large insulated cup that was intended for you to give to the bartender for filling your soda request. So, I don't see that "sanitary reasons" could be given for not filling yours. It's essentially the same thing. Whether they'd balk at the size, I don't know ... but the one we got with the RCCL package was definitely bigger than a can or typical soda glass - prob 24 oz.

Also, do they fill your soda request from a can? I would think it would come from the "gun" dispenser. Those are way less expensive ways for bars/restaurants to provide soda and are typically what I've seen.

Last cruise we brought Carnival mugs from the gift shop and it was to small. I just brought everybody a Bubba for our Nov cruise. I use Bubba every night and the ice stays in there all night. Don't forget to pack a small bottle of DAWN. Keep Bubba clean! I agree with firefly use a cup from buffet and pour drink in Bubba instead of put your mug under the dispencer.

Pardon the n00b question, but what is being dispensed from the buffets? Lemonade, water, and iced tea? Or also soda?

OJ, Papaya juice, Lemon aid, and ice tea in the AM.

(ya have to stock up by 11:00am if you need the juice for mix)

Lemon Aid and Ice tea in the afternoon / evg.

Coffee, tea, tap water, and hot chocolate available all day....

(and pizza and ice cream)....

Husband and I have bought BV alcohol for the upcoming cruise and plan on bringing our insulated mugs (have not purchased bubba kegs (yet) lol). Do they frown on you bringing your own drinks to the shows at night? I know I've seen people with their own drinks on the lido deck and various places during the day. Just didn't notice in the evening as much.

Maybe I am just over thinking it... LOL

Husband and I have bought BV alcohol for the upcoming cruise and plan on bringing our insulated mugs (have not purchased bubba kegs (yet) lol). Do they frown on you bringing your own drinks to the shows at night? I know I've seen people with their own drinks on the lido deck and various places during the day. Just didn't notice in the evening as much.

I've brought my own drinks to the shows and dining room. Got quite a few looks from our all stuffy tablemates on our valor cruise when we walked in with beers in hand. They were very unpleasant tablemates who made fun of our southern accents but we just played it up a little and had fun with it lol

I tried the Bubba cup, but thought by the time I finished a drink it was watered down. This past cruise I bought two 24 oz Tervis Tumblers with lids and handles so they were easy to carry around. This was the best investment we've made in carry on cups. The tumbler doesn't sweat and the drink says so cold for so long that I often finish with ice still in the cup. Yes, it's only 24 oz, but it was well worth it. Tervis has their own website and you can get them personalize or plain or with a team design or other logo. We like them so much that we used them daily at home. I even take my to work with me with coffee or ice coffee and then fill it with ice and water for the rest of the day.

It's just my two cents!

Yes you can take your mug/bubba kegs anywhere on the ship at night.....Ex: piano bar, comedy shows, evening shows, disco (anywhere). Never had a problem and have witnessed several others also doing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived