Changed from Princess to Navigator-saved $600 and got an extra day. What to know???

Hello friends....I recently changed my Ruby Princess 7 night the week following Thanksgiving to RCCL Navigator...made the switch because I saved 600 dollars and got an additional night...(8 instead of 7) After doing so much research on Ruby, I'm now back to square one. Who would like to give me all of the cool things that I need to know about Navigator of the Seas? I have a balcony cabin...Thanks

We've been NOS twice and love her. Those were short Western cruises and honestly I was a bit peeved they'd moved her to the Med, when we tried to book onboard. But we were ready to go back to Eastern anyway, so we booked Oasis. Then we booked our air for OA , then they moved NOS back to the Caribbean for a really neat 8 day- but I can't get the dates to match my flight:mad:

Not really too mad, as I think it will be fun to try OA, but if they had just made up their minds I would have enjoyed sailing her again. And getting back to st Kitts.

I did write a little review of all the fun things to do at night on NOS, DH is hogging the computer now, so I can't search for the link. But I will leave it for you here, or you can search under my posts.

We really enjoy her- she has the fun promenade like the larger classes, but is such a nice manageable size. Enjoy your cruise!

Well, I certainly understand wanting to save money, and the extra night is a bonus but I think the Ruby is a much nicer ship than the Navigator. However, I realize that cruising is really subjective and what is nice for some may not be for others.

I didn't like St. Kitts when I was there. St. Maarten is on both cruises and that's a really nice port. I can't comment on Labadee because I haven't been, and San Juan is nice, but I'd prefer St. Thomas if I had to pick between the two.

The Captain and Maitre D' on the Ruby were fabulous. I can't remember who they were on the Navigator. The CD on the Navigator was entirely forgettable as well, although the one on the Ruby was no prize either. Kind of a toss up I suppose.

I preferred the layout of the Ruby, but then again I don't like the Promenade on Royal Caribbean. On board shopping isn't for me.

The food was better on the Ruby, the staff was friendlier and more on top of things. If you end up with my room steward on the Navigator, be prepared to ask three times before you get anything.

I've cruised with Royal five times and my Navigator cruise would rank number 5, behind my cruises on the Serenade, Empress, Sovereign, and Majesty. I'm really hoping for another Serenade cruise in the next couple years, and will probably be on the Majesty in October, but I have no desire to sail on the Navigator again any time soon.

OK, now that I'm about to get slammed by the Navigator cheerleaders let me say that I enjoyed my cruise. It was just filled with so many little petty inconveniences and surly staff that I just don't want to go back if I have another choice.

We have sailed on both, within the last year. In truth, the two ships have many similarities. Often, which one likes best boils down to personal preferances. For example, Ruby has MUTS ( Movies under the stars) which we enjoy while others may not. Navigator has a great open area called the Prominade witha cafe perfect for enjoying the sights, othersmay prefer the smaller, more intimate area on the Ruby called the atriun with the International Cafe. We love coffee and on Princess buy the coffee card , others may not like coffee. As to port stops, again, some are better than others but always in the eyes of the beholder. As a practicle matter, the longer cruise for the significant less money would be our choice.

We sail Princess more than any other line, but we've been on the Navigator twice and really liked it. I enjoy walking down the interior promenade, which makes getting from one end of the ship to the other really easy. The ice show is really good and there are a lot of activities like ice skating or the rock wall that may or may not appeal.

I find Princess food to be slightly better, especially in the buffet, but there wasn't that much difference--I always find good food. Shows seem similar to me. I like MUTS at night, but not during the day. The movie theater on the NOS is terrible with bad seats and sight lines; once was enough.

For the savings and the extra day, I'd definitely make the switch.

Hello Lori, sounds like you will be sailing with us in November! If you haven't had a chance yet to visit the Roll Call boards, you are invited to gather and share info on our up-coming cruise!

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1401722\

I have not been on this ship before, but I seriously have never had a bad cruise, so I'm excited. We have our first corner aft cabin, and I have never been to San Juan or St. Kitts, so two new ports is a real plus!:D

My daughter is going to be on this cruise. We are scheduled to be on the Serenade in December but I am considering changing ships so we can all cruise together. I have not been on this ship but have never had a bad cruise with Royal.

Hello friends....I recently changed my Ruby Princess 7 night the week following Thanksgiving to RCCL Navigator...made the switch because I saved 600 dollars and got an additional night...(8 instead of 7) After doing so much research on Ruby, I'm now back to square one. Who would like to give me all of the cool things that I need to know about Navigator of the Seas? I have a balcony cabin...Thanks

This past March I switched from Celebrity Solstice to Brilliance of the Seas for the same amount of nights (12) but better, IMO, itinerary (more time in Venice) for virtually the same type of cabin (balcony guarantee) this summer and saved a whopping $800 per person.

Now before everyone jumps on me that its like comparing apples to oranges - I know that - but $1600 buys a lot of oranges.

Moral of the story - if $$$ is important to you, keep checking prices after you have booked but before final payment.

Archived