Are There Ever Enough Hangers?

cakeordeath

If you take your own hangers, please be kind and take them back home again. On disembarkation day on our Oasis cruise, the hallway was riddled with passengers' hangers; the room stewards do not leave them in the room. My guess is they get thrown out. Such a waste.

I'd ask you to please take them back home and if you don't want them; you can always recycle them at thrift stores, shelters, perhaps physician's offices, wherever.... I just hate the thought of them going in the trash because people don't take them home again.

Thank you. :D

If I pack going on hangers, I pack returning on hangers also. None are ever left in the stateroom as I pack the same way for both. Our laundry is returned from the ships laundry on wire hangers, and they do tend to accumulate, and we leave those behind. So, not all the hangers you are seeing in the hallway I would guess are from passengers carting them onboard, but accumulate from laundry being returned on them from the ships laundry room. ;)

If I pack going on hangers, I pack returning on hangers also. None are ever left in the stateroom as I pack the same way for both. Our laundry is returned from the ships laundry on wire hangers, and they do tend to accumulate, and we leave those behind. So, not all the hangers you are seeing in the hallway I would guess are from passengers carting them onboard, but accumulate from laundry being returned on them from the ships laundry room. ;)

I would wager that those hangers that came from the laundry room go right back to the laundry room to be reused. Just because they are in the hall doesn't mean they are going into the trash.

I always bring extra hangers it was one tip I got from these boards for our first cruise and keep bringing them. I leave them behind and wonder what happens to them. Donna

Not sure about the wire hangers, but I know that when I ask for extras they bring me the plastic kind that you can buy in any discount store. They had them in the steward's storage area.

Archived