Pelican Grand Beach Resort

lambstew

What can you tell me about this hotel? I'm wondering how much a cab from the port to this hotel will cost and the cost from the hotel to FLL. We are a fit family and will not have a car. Are there any recommended restaurants within walking distance. Thanks for the help!

Cab fare from port: about $25, to FLL: about $30.

There is nothing very close to this hotel but there is a bar, restaurant, and ice cream parlor on the premises. About a mile north you will find some local favorite restaurants: Shooters on the intracoastal just before Oakland Pk Blvd and Greek Islands Taverna on Ocean Blvd(A1A) a block

south of Oakland Pk Blvd (famous for lambchops, not expensive). If you head south on A1A about a half mile or so, you will find the 24 hr Primante's Pizza and a few basic restaurants in that area, including the new upscale Asain/sushi restaurant at the B Ocean Hotel. If you go south on A1A for the hotel, then turn right on Sunrise Blvd, you will find La Cantina and Franko & Vinny's, then cross the bridge and you'll find Galleria Mall, with nice chain restaurants (about a mile or so from the hotel).

Royalcruz - thanks for the info! I appreciate you taking the time to share your extensive knowledge of Ft. Lauderdale in this post as well as all the other posts you reply to!

You're welcome! I just reread my post and saw all of the typos...sorry, I was writing in a rush.:D

Archived