Costa Maya Excursion Ideas

4cats1house

Sorry to hear about your experience. We went to Nohoch Kay "Big Fish". For $30 apiece we laid on chairs in the ocean while Jaime's staff brought out all the food and drinks we could handle. Absolutely the best day of the cruise. The Ceviche is the best I have ever had. And Nick caught the fish fresh out of the ocean right before your eyes so you knew it was swimming 30 minutes before you ate it. Jaime does not allow the hawkers anywhere near his place. Thanks to Jaime, Andres, Brenda, Tracey, Jeff, Nick and all the rest of the staff.

Where do you find information for Jamie and Nohoch Kay?

Cruising on the Glory on 3/4 and had our port switched from Belize to Costa Maya...The more and more I read about Costa Maya the more irritated I get about the switch...It seems there really is nothing to do in Costa Maya except shopping and a less then beautiful beach...If anyone knows of somewhere beautiful or something awesome to do...please please please let me know! We like to go see places that are "off the beaten path" so to say...and while I have no problem with a beach day..I'd at least like it to be a gorgeous beach! If anyone has pictures or anything convincing of this I'd appreciate it!!

we really loved the Maya Experience with Native Choice, saw the ruins and had a lovely lunch. It was pretty much our favorite experience of our Christmas cruise.

How long was your excursion and how did you book it? Any details would be great.

Thanks

We were in Costa Maya the second week of January. Tropicante on Mahahual beach was excellent. We liked that you could reserve in advance and that the wait staff would handle booking massages, snorkeling, banana boat rides, etc... on your behalf. The beach area is fabulous and the ceviche was the BEST. Our tab was $87 and included a few buckets of coronas, a medium size plate of ceviche (probably enough to feed 4 people), 2 hour-long massages, 3-4 rounds of shots (we forget just how many), guacamole, and lord knows what else! I can't bad mouth any of the other places on Mahahual because they share the same expanse of wonderful beach; however, I can say that we were the most reluctant area on the beach to return to the ship. I pity those who stayed in the port area.

Archived