Sea Princess: Norovirus x 3 !!

curtdesilets

A lot of people probably don't consider the fact that washing your hands and using the gel provided, etc. before using the buffet doesn't protect YOU. It protects other people FROM YOU.

The only way you could be protected would be to wash and/or use the gel after you have your food and before starting to eat.

My doctor told us that a cruise ship is probably the most unhealthy place you can be.

As someone who's traveled overland extensively in India, Burma, and Nepal, I can assure you (and your doctor) that that's simply not true.

The only way you could be protected would be to wash and/or use the gel after you have your food and before starting to eat.

I just said this elsewhere, but most gels provide protection against bacteria, not noro. A study of nursing homes showed that depending on gels rather than handwashing can actually make outbreaks worse.

i was on this ship on the last cruise... i seriously am so tired about hearing everyone freak out about norovirus... DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT

there were a reported 53 passengers on my cruise that had "symptom like" affects of noro, many of them just ate too much and couldn't withstand that much food in their stomach nor could handle the food in the stomach while the ship rocked and hence they started to throw up and they called the doctor because if you start doing that, thats what they recommend you to do and then they report it as a norovirus case... so those some of those 53 probably didn't have noro.....

people are making such a big deal out of this... just follow the precautions, wash your hands a lot, sanitize a lot, and wipe down everything in your room when you first board, don't even touch the handle the first time you open that cabin door, open it with a wipe and wipe the handle down..... such simple precautions, but so hard to follow for some people.

but think 53 out of 2000 passengers... that's such a small number... and anyways during the current cruise the amount has decreased, i don't know if they have zero cases, but every cruise has a few cases... if it's just a few then they won't report it...

don't think princess isn't trying their best at cleaning the ship, they've done everything in the world trying to make sure we have a happy and healthy cruise... they didn't just clean things where people normally touched but they cleaned walls and so much more... they are going so much out of there way to help us... so lets thank princess cruise line for trying!

as one of you said that your spouse has a gastro[ i can't spell it, sorry!] problem i'd just advise you to be even more cautious... walk around with your own santizer too, don't just rely on the ships... etc.

well i hope you had a blast on your cruise! it will be amazing!!! i've been on this cruise 4 times, obviously nothing will stop me from coming back. well anywho bon voyage! :)

I just said this elsewhere, but most gels provide protection against bacteria, not noro. A study of nursing homes showed that depending on gels rather than handwashing can actually make outbreaks worse.

Not sure why I mentioned the gels since I know they don't help with viruses. But I got bacterial diarrhea on our Amazon cruise. It would have helped with that, I'm sure. But I got it off the ship.

Gosh guys. I am immune suppressed, and I have gastro problems. In all our cruises, I have never been sick from noro.

Only once was I sick, and that was from all the antibiotics I have to take for a medical condition.

I look forward to cruising, as there are so many things I cannot do ie: road trips and long airflights. I probably have more risk in an airplane than I do in a balcony cabin.

BTW~~we always buy GOOD insurance, which includes evacuation. That's a possibility for me.

Pat

Pat

I've had noro at least three times plus the bacterial diarrhea I mentioned. My husband has been on all the cruises I have been on and has NEVER been sick.

He is very cautious about not touching anything and doesn't have the bad habit I do of putting my fingers in my mouth.

If you are careful you apparently can avoid it.

Archived