Are pool toys allowed?

jdig

I've never seen any pool toys in the pools, unless goggles count. Like the previous poster said, the pools are very small and crowded; you really can't swim, most people just take a "dip". If that water missle hits somebody, it's probably going to end up overboard, so I wouldn't bring anything like that. However, we did bring a few blowup mats to use at the beaches. We bought them at the dollar store and left them with a family we met at one of the beaches, rather than deflate them and bring them back to the ship.

If you are sailing on Carnival, there is an evening for Camp Carnival to "swim under the stars" (older age groups only, and it's usually around 7pm, so it's still light out - LOL). Anyway, that would probably be the only time your kids could use their toys as only kids are allowed in the pool for that hour and there would actually be enough room to enjoy them.

Last cruise we had someone who just had to use their snorkel gear, vest, fins and all, every day in the pool. They swam lap after lap and chased everyone else out due to the splashing.

Consider the size of the pool to be shared by 2000 others.

The center pool on the HAL Veendam was long enough for the swimmer to get a few strokes in each direction. This was an adult with the snorkle gear who disregarded everyone else who was using the pool.

I think she was an exercise nut who seemed to always be exercising in some way whenever you encountered her around the ship. She could have done her swimming early in the morning but she always showed up at 2:00 in the afternoon.

After the first few days, people would see her coming and everyone would climb out of the pool.

Toys would only be useful for beach days, or for port days if you plan to stay onboard while everyone else disembarks. If your kids "must" have a game to play, make it the old-fashioned dive for pennies; that takes no space really.

I have a fond memory of one cruise...

There was a boy about 10 years old in the pool every possible minute. He had on swim fins, snorkle and mask. He was a husky young man with a GREAT outgoing personality. Every chance he had he told passersby that he was going to St. Thomas on (insert day) and he wanted to be able to snorkle by then. He was working sooooo hard, but just couldn't get the hang of it. People were so respectful to this boy. Stayed out of his way, offered to help, etc.. Finally, on the day before St. Thomas, we were all by the pool, and he SPRUNG up out of the water yelling "I did it!!! I DID IT!!!!" And there was a round of applause!!

Toys would only be useful for beach days, or for port days if you plan to stay onboard while everyone else disembarks. If your kids "must" have a game to play, make it the old-fashioned dive for pennies; that takes no space really.

Or those bright colored dive rings or dive sticks. They're easier to see especially for kids that have to wear glasses. And they don't take up much room.

Archived